27

Liam shifts on the couch he's sitting on as he waits for Louis to come back and join him. They've already been in LA for a few days now, trying to readjust to life off the road. Most people assume that the four boys would be sick of each other after spending months on the road, but Liam and Louis always miss each other.

"You didn't say what you wanted, so I just brought two Coke's," Louis explains. Liam shrugs and takes the soft drink from Louis' small hands. Louis takes the seat opposite Liam as Liam opens his drink and takes a few sips.

Liam doesn't want to mention anything, but Louis' been looking down lately. Most people wouldn't have been able to tell the slight shift in the older boy's emotions; however, Liam knows Louis well. A small frown sits across Louis' thin lips as he sips from his drink casually.

"What's wrong," Liam asks. It isn't Liam's fault he's always been nosy. Louis constantly teases him about it, but he just likes knowing things. Liam doesn't want to press Louis too hard, but he has to know what's troubling his friend.

"Nothing, I'm just feeling weird I guess," Louis sighs. The answer doesn't sit well with Liam and he can tell Louis' lying.

"Seriously, what's up," Liam presses.

Louis shifts in his seat again and sets his drink down. Liam watches hesitantly as Louis runs his tongue over his lips clearly thinking something over. Liam prays that everything is all right with his best friend.

Liam remembers Louis telling him that he had broken up with Eleanor, but Liam isn't sure if he believes it or not. Louis also mentioned that he was seeing a guy. However, Louis told him later that things didn't work out with the guy and that he got back with Eleanor. Liam wonders if the problem of Louis' sexuality is what's bothering him. Liam knows first-hand how hard sexuality is to digest.

"Remember that guy I said I was seeing?"

Liam remembers well. Louis always blushed when the topic got brought up between them, which wasn't often. He'd smile so wide that his eyes would crinkle, and a genuine smile would play across his lips. Liam also noticed how much happier Louis looked overall when he was supposedly seeing the guy. The significant change in Louis' mood wouldn't be something Liam could forget easily.

"Yeah, but you said it didn't work out and that you got back with Eleanor," Liam reminds. Louis tenses quickly and sucks in a deep breath. Liam's eyebrows furrow.

"Truth is, we're still seeing each other. Of course, we're staying on the down-low. Eleanor's agreed to beard for me, though, so I don't think we need to bother telling Simon. Even if she doesn't want to beard I'm still not telling him. He's given us troubles since day-one. I've got no clue why I still have to go and report stuff to him like I'm a damn toddler," Louis curses.

Liam tenses at Louis' string of curses. Nobody in the band likes Simon, but none of them curses their boss out either. Zayn, Niall, and Liam try their best to stay on Simon's good side, while Louis seems to do the complete opposite. Liam decides to shift the conversation to something Louis would like. "So, what's the guy like?"

Louis immediately relaxes and smiles. Liam can tell the boy must mean a lot to his friend. He watches as Louis slowly looks up and beams with happiness. Liam wants to capture the Moment of pure bliss. This is one of the times that Louis ever looks truly happy.

"He's just so cool and really soft. I was scared that being with a guy would be different because guys are seen as rough or whatever, but he's really soft. He gives the best hugs and he's an amazing kisser. I swear I'm glued to his lips whenever we're together. He's younger than me and it makes things a little cuter. He's in college now, but he's talking about dropping out because it just doesn't suit him. He's just... amazing. I want you guys to properly meet him, but like I said we're on the down-low," Louis explains.

Liam tries to imagine someone like that in his head, but his mind comes back blank. He's never heard Louis talk about someone like that and Liam will admit that it's throwing him off a little. He's happy for Louis, nonetheless.

"He sounds like a good guy. Hope we get to meet him someday soon," Liam winks. Louis rolls his eyes and sips from his drink again. Liam wants to be nosy and push the conversation further, but he knows that he shouldn't. He's already pressured Louis about it enough for one day.

"Have you spoken to Zayn?" Louis asks.

Liam's stomach knots up. The name makes him cringe and he hates it. Liam tries his best to hide his obvious distaste towards his other band mate. It isn't like Liam hates Zayn. He hates Zayn's attitude and homophobia. Liam knows that Zayn isn't homophobic, per se, but he still says homophobic things.

"No," Liam snaps. He isn't trying to snap at Louis, but once the word tumbles out, Liam realizes how snarky the word sounds.

"He's been ignoring my calls. I talked to Niall yesterday, and he was saying that Zayn was avoiding him too. Must be in one of his moods," Louis sighs.

"Must be," Liam mutters. As ambivalent as Liam is towards Zayn, he still has a soft spot for his ex-boyfriend.

~_~_~

Hey guys. I won't be able to update tomorrow so here's the update for tomorrow today... did that make sense? Dedication to lmlab5mplbdl6 for being the only person to comment on the last chapter! 

What do you guys think? Is there anything you want me to add? We have some other POVs coming up. Is there any POV that I haven't written from that you may want to read from? So far I have a Liam chapter planned (next chapter), an Eleanor chapter, Anne chapter, Zayn chapter, and Niall chapter near the end. 

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B