38

Harry pays the Uber driver as he exits the car. He looks up at the seemingly simple brown house and sighs, knowing it probably costs millions of dollars. Harry sucks in a deep breath trying to hype himself up. He knows that he's been around money before (he's dating Louis and he knows Louis has money), but this is so different. He could be working here.

He runs a hand down his jeans to make sure they aren't wrinkled before making his way to the front door. After sucking in another deep breath, he knocks. The door opens to reveal a boy who looks around three with curly white hair.

"Max! What have I told you about opening the—oh, it's you! Sorry, come on in." Harry doesn't catch sight of the comedian before he's allowed into the house.

He stops as he sees one of his favorite hosts in person. He doesn't look much different in person than on TV. The man's a little skinnier then Harry thought with blond hair and slight stubble. He wears a black button down with slacks.

"Max, why don't you go play while I talk to Mr. Harry here," He explains. Max, the boy, nods and dashes off to play in the other room. Leaving, James Corden and Harry alone. James motions for Harry to sit at a larger and intimidating table.

"Loosen up a bit, I'm just going to be asking a few questions, no pressure. Louis wouldn't have recommended you if he didn't think you would do well," James reassures him. 'The only reason Louis recommended him is so they could move in together', Harry thinks.

"Thank for this opportunity, it means a lot to me," Harry says. James waves him off and gives him a small smile before starting the questions.

"Why do you want to babysit," He asks. Harry sucks in a deep breath. His brain automatically goes to 'the money', but he knows it's not a good answer. He thinks about all the pretend interviews he's given himself growing up and decides on a good answer.

"I love children and I think I could be really good at it," Harry answers. He smiles, proud of his response. James shrugs and folds his arms across his chest.

"Have you worked with children in the past?"

"Not officially, but I've watched my younger cousins before and I get along well with Louis' siblings," Harry explains.

"Tell me a few things about yourself. If you're gonna be working for us, I'd like to be able to get to know you and trust you to handle the children." Harry can feel his leg bouncing under the table and he places his hand on his knee to help calm himself down. He tries to find something interesting about himself, but his mind draws blanks.

"Uh, I love music and I-I sing, sometimes. Not like Louis or anything, but I dabble. I grew up in Homes Chapel, England and have an older sister named, Gemma," Harry explains. He prays James doesn't ask him anything about singing.

"How do you know Louis? He seems to like you quite a bit," James asks. Harry tries not to blush. He likes to think that he's mellowed out, but it's far from the truth. Harry's just gotten better at hiding his feelings over time.

"Our Mums met in June and became friends and, well, you know what Mums are like," Harry sighs. He pursues his lips to keep himself from smiling. James gives him a strange glance, but shakes it off.

"Of course, did you know he was famous when you two met?" Harry's eyes widen a bit and he takes a Moment to try and answer. How is he supposed to tell his future employer that he was an obsessive fanboy?

"Yeah, I knew who he was. I was a big fan... still am! He's a really great guy," Harry says. He gives James a pleading look trying to communicate that he doesn't want this conversation to continue. As much as he loves talking about Louis, he doesn't want to accidentally slip up and say something he's not supposed to.

"He is, he is, he's a great guy. So, why'd you make the move from England," James questions. Harry knows it's a bad idea to say he dropped out of college, but he can't lie. He's a terrible liar. He can't tell him he moved so that Louis and him could be closer, because that would mean telling him that they were a couple, which isn't something Harry wants to do either. He decides on a half-truth. It's not technically lying, right?

"I want to pursue a career in music and LA is the best place to do that. Louis has an open bedroom and offered it to me. It's a win-win really, we get to know each other a little bit more and I get a jump-start into my future career," Harry explains.

"That's a good business plan. Not everyone's cut out for Uni and I wish you the best of luck in your musical career. Once you get an album out there we'll have you on the show at some point," James promises. Harry gushes. He doubts he'll make it in the industry, but it's nice to know someone has his back.

"Well, I have two kids. Max is my oldest; he's four, and Karey's four months. The job requires about nine hours a day. I'm here until eight and then Loren, my wife, gets back at around five. We're both here on the weekends, however if I need you I may call you. Loren may need you to stay a little later in the evenings depending on how late she has to work, but usually you can count on her being here at five. During the day, we expect you to cook for them. About once a week we'll give you some extra money to take them out somewhere. We have some movies and such and, of course, they'll have they're toys. Any other questions?" Harry was flabbergasted. He thought this was just an interview.

"Wait, did I get the job?" James gives him a strange look.

"You were the only one we were looking at. The interview's just a formality." 

~_~_~

 Hey guys! WE HIT 10K OML!! I can't thank you guys enough! The support I get now is amazing! Just last chapter has 122 readers! It's seriously mind blowing. I really can't thank you enough! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B

ATLC: My favorite character is either Liam or Harry. I really enjoy writing from Liam's POV, but I also really like Harry because he's relatable. Maybe Eleanor, because also very relatable. 

Bonus Goal: 18 votes and 22 comments

QOTC: Least favorite character so far (it can't be Zayn)?