Lily of the Valley

Dallas, TX  October 28th 1978 (first day of Jazz tour)

I was super excited to join my dad on tour, I meet Brian, John, and Roger, which they told me to call each of them 'uncle' they told me "we heard so many stories of you it's like we already knew you before we meet" i couldn't believe I was going on tour with Queen, I was ready for this tour to happen, opening night was impossible to not forget.
The crowd was waiting for Queen, I was lucky enough to be backstage, as to who I was, I was Vanessa and I was cousins to my uncle John, which had everyone convinced. Even had me fooled, only special close people knew who I was. This was for my own sake, i've learned over the years that people had opinions of my position in my father's life, which we will get into later in my life.
Dallas was amazing they literally loved Queen, the center of the earth was at Queens feet. The band were all so humble, that's one of the things I've loved about the band before I knew of who my father was.

The success of Jazz proved that Queen could possibly do anything in their path, my father taught me many things  on tour he brought me places I've never thought of going to, my favorite was Japan, the hype was beautiful the view was breathe taking...

The success of Jazz proved that Queen could possibly do anything in their path, my father taught me many things  on tour he brought me places I've never thought of going to, my favorite was Japan, the hype was beautiful the view was breathe taking, like my dad I adored the Japanese culture, it felt like a dream, lately I thought about my mother she would call me twice a week just to check up on me and she knew I needed the bonding with my dad, she respected that, she knew it's what he's always wanted.

School was just around the corner one day I was sitting next to my dad and John and they told me that I was going to have to go back to school, I understood, but my dad at this point was too attached to me, I was his first priority so he asked me "would you be willing to go to school on tour, as in home schooled?" I thought about it for awhile which I cam back to him on the answer "it would be a wonderful opportunity for me to also learn about the family business and stay at your side and be book smart too"  it was settled.
when my dad was rehearsing or in the studio if not partying or doing press interviews, on my free time I'd play on his grand Steinway piano, it amazed me where my talent came from, it all came together from the start.
"you know at your age I was already writing songs from the piano" my dad walked up from behind me while I was practicing some piano, "how did you get into piano dad?" She wider his eyes, "well at that time that was how I entertained myself" he sat down next to me "being in India was a difficult time, your grandparents and your aunt and I had to leave India to England, because there was a war breaking out. We struggled at first but got back on our feet in a short time" he looked at me and I looked at him "but that doesn't stop me from being proud of where I came from, and neither should you..." he tells me
'ant fakhar wafarh" (you are my pride and joy) in persian

" he tells me 'ant fakhar wafarh" (you are my pride and joy) in persian