Death on Two Legs

August 20th 1996
I wasn't worried at all for my interview in Australia today I finally got to talk about the album that I was doing for The Australian Woman's Weekly.

August 20th 1996I wasn't worried at all for my interview in Australia today I finally got to talk about the album that I was doing for The Australian Woman's Weekly

AWw: what was going through your mud making this album?

Vanessa: a lot of things, life in general, things that are happening around me. I went back to my roots with this album spent a lot of time by myself because these are real life lyrics and songs personal me.

AWw: you've been super busy? But this is your first time actually staying a couple days in Australia, how do you like it?

Vanessa: it's beautiful I actually really love it here, sometimes I forget I am in Australia I feel so relaxed here, every one is so wonderful to me I really love it. Open arms here too!

AWw: ok so we need to know, what is one thing of makeup you cannot live without because we know you look flawless everyday! Like you are in your 30s and you look so good for your age.

Vanessa: aw why thank you, so much! Well I love a really good moisturizer and a nice natural lipstick a mauve color for me on a daily and my hair has to be down I was born around the 70s so I have to have my long hair down in a free-spirit kind of person too!

AWw: it's been about 5 years since your father has past, he was loved in Australia, what is somethings that no one really knew about him?

Vanessa: he loved Australia he loved the energy and the food the surroundings was his favorite too, but one thing that no one really knows is he was a gentle shy person and had lots of positive vibes wherever he went he liked to drink a lot of tea and wake up early and gave me lots of kisses before every show I feel like he was much more than a rock star but to me he was more of a father, I think one thing that people get confused of is that they pretrade him as this rockstar always liked to party and he was bisexual and he always liked to go out but to me that was his way of having fun.

AWw: so do you think your father is proud of you right now as far as you have came?

Vanessa:   I feel like whatever I did he was putting me in a matter what and I'm very grateful that he has taught me so much then he has because a lot of people weren't really there for me and him like we were there for each other and a lot of people don't know how it was and they don't know her personally like that so they just assume you know oh he wasn't really there for her he was always partying and doing the Freddie Mercury part you know, to have him in my life as long as I did because I was 14 when he came into my life when I physically got to meet him and since the beginning he's always been there for me he's always been proud of me and he's always told me to strive to do better even when you think you're doing better do better times that!

AWw: this album is probably what's been going on in your world but on song is that right?

Vanessa: everything that's been going on in my life since everything has happened I've put it out on paper and this is the result of everything this is my side of the story everybody's going listen to it and I want people to listen to it and hopefully they get a background of where I'm coming from what's the idea of Vanessa mercury and how I've been brought up in this generates from love to live to pressure to background stardom just the whole being of this album I'm just so fucking proud of it.

AWw: what do you as a older woman want to tell yourself as a 14 year old head on like any advice to younger you?

Vanessa: you have your whole life ahead of you, you're going to be making so many people happy you are going to be number one and you need to realize that nothing is going to stop you you need to be there for your father you need to live out his legacy you need to live for him your father he's been in this industry for about 20+ years. Be brave be home will be positive be smart and be there for people that have been there for you.

AWw: your dad is a legend in music, how was he at home?

Vanessa: he was someone who like to because he's on a Sunday night and eat ice cream with the cookies, he like to give me a good advice of love and he like to talk about my mom he was huge and cats if anybody would mention cat he would show pictures of literally his kids to anybody in any anywhere anytime this the media per trays as a bad guy just because he was bisexual you know how the world turned their back on him A couple of times and he was really devastated and a lot of times. To me I didn't really judge my father just because he was bisexual the media cleared it to be much bigger than the issue we were not baffled at all we were at home looking at cat pictures and laughing about what magazines would say. He was in his garden a lot I know him and Jim my father's husband at the time we're really homebodies at later on like right before my father died he was really always home but he didn't want to go out anymore his he felt like he had his time and he just really settled down and made lots of music.

AWw: we really wish the best of lucky to you Miss Mercury and really hope you have nothing but success and love and happiness in your future!