You're My Best Friend

January 20th 1997 

My uncle Brian called me up on a Monday, typically on Mondays they tend to be so tiring and i don't like to be bothered much. But when i heard it was my uncle calling i had to answer. I was so happy.

"hello, Uncle?!!"

"Vanessa, yes darling its me how are you?"

"im doing okay, uncle just taking it day by day you know"

"well i hope this call will do you some justice"

"what do you mean, uncle?"

"well, i've been having this rhythm in my head and i just...hear me out okay"

"i'm listening uncle"

"well your uncle Rog and i we've been trying to come up with this new song its beautiful, its typically what you'd expect from a couple of old lads like us after you now one of your best mates have past"

"so uncle Brian are you meaning to tell me you guys have a song in mind to write?"

"yes darling but not just any song you see wed like to have this song come out as a tribute to well of course your father"

(i thought about it for a minute, the lost we've had from losing my father was fragile yet tragic. They lost a best friend i lost a father in the process. I thought it was time to put it all together, emotionally in a song. If it was a song they wanted to write and sing i was all for it)

"yea, uncle go for it, i mean you have my permission, and blessing"

"no Vanessa, you're not quiet understanding but we want you on the track with us"

i was so shocked, i've never sang with Queen, i mean i was mostly there traveling with my dad and them but i would have never thought i'd be the one taking part in anything they've done

"uhmm, uncle i--i don't even know what to say, i-- mean like what do you want me to sing or write?"

"both, if you're truly up for it"

"let me--think about it uncle, i'm sorry uncle don't take this the wrong way i'm totally up for it but i wanna think about it more, i've never really been into the singing type"

'don't worry, if you really up for it come to my house and well talk about it more, alright your uncle loves you talk more soon darling"

"okay uncle bye love you too!!"

What should i do...my dad never really prepared me for this and of pressure, it was a pretty good idea ill admit that. But for some reason i needed to contact my fathers estate to see where this would be all going to. Call me a little selfish but i didn't want any to go to Mary. No matter how much we patched up things i didn't need her in my business.