No-One But You(OTGDY)

The process of making this one final song was such a roller coaster of  emotions. There was fighting going on, crying, screaming and yelling, and so much laughter. But at end of the day it was all love. We worked on this song very frequently even though we all had our lives our devotion was never to give up on this song. But we also took our time because we wanted to come up with a song that everyone could learn to love and listen to and not just Queen fans but everyone could love.

August 31st 1997

Everything was going well that morning of the death of Princess Diana and i was so sure of her future. She was a good friend to my dad and my uncles, my dad would always talk so highly of her. She was a true role model to everyone even the world. I was so heartbroken for her two sons Harry and William. Losing a parent is the most heartbreaking situation anyone can go through. I never want to wish this part on not even my worst enemies. As long as i could remember she was a loyal soul that my family admired so her presents will definitely be missed.

So i decided to call my uncles on the phone on three way, it was an idea i had..so i called them our conversation went like this

"so obviously you guys heard about Princess Diana's passing, so how are you both holding up about it?"

"well honestly this sort of situation is truly saddening to hear, i mean you know how much of a good person she was to everyone around her.." uncle Roger explained

"yes most definitely" uncle Brian said

While uncle John was with Uncle Brian both on the phone and Uncle Roger was on the other line

While uncle John was with Uncle Brian both on the phone and Uncle Roger was on the other line. We decided we could all pay tribute to The Princess and my dad in a way we all knew how. Through music, of course.

In the days of making the song we decided to dedicate the song "No One But You (only the good dye young)" to Princess Diana and Freddie Mercury. I didn't sing nor did i play in the song but i did produce the song along side my uncles. The song is very precious to me, like my own little baby if you must know. And I couldn't do it alone too, thank god for my uncles who helped me get through the song. Which in return I was there for them also.
I had so many emotions running through my mind when we decided to drop the song on January 5th 1998.

"It's such a huge hit!" our manager John Reid told us. We were so proud of this song and the happiness it brought to people listening to it.

 We were so proud of this song and the happiness it brought to people listening to it

I couldn't believe it I felt like breaking down and crying everyone loved the song. It's so meaningful and such a sad song. I needed a break after the release of the song. I decided to get some advice. But from who you may ask, from my uncle John. I remember him telling me he was going to "retire". So I wanted some advice from him to see what do to with my "situation".

I went to South-West London to sit down and talk to my uncle. As he welcomed me into his home I couldn't help but noticed all the photos he had of his now grown kids. "I can't believe my cousins are so big now I miss when we were all so young.." I sighed to my uncle John and just chuckled. "I remember when you were just 14 years old, your father was thrilled to know he had you back into his life.." I got tears in my eyes. My uncle John and my dad had a bond like no other. My uncle was quiet and sweet and my dad would be the only one to get him out of his shy shell. "I'm glad I've gotten to be in all your lives uncle" and we both smiled at each other. As I wiped me eyes I said "speaking of my dad I wanted to talk to you about something that's been on my mind for a bit." My uncle lit a cigarette and said "anything you want advice for I'm happy and here to help", I glanced at him and said "I'm thinking of taking a break...from the spotlight..." He flicked his cigarette ash and started saying "we'll, it's not really a hard decision I made, I enjoy my time I have alone with my kids and your aunt." I nodded my head while listening to his words. "when I was decided to retired I asked myself was this the right choice? Than I also told myself if I don't focus on myself I'll never get to leave, it's not something I would want you to do but it's something I would really recommend, I don't wanna see you anything but successful in life my child, but I know this if your father was here he'd want you to enjoy life." He inhaled his cigarette. "Nothing is fun anymore if I can't enjoy it without my dad uncle John" he smiled and nodded with my words. "and that's my whole point exactly." It totally made sense now, he put it in perspective perfectly. "you know the success has done a lot for me but my dad has given me so much more that I think he'd want me to live life."

"