Dragon Attack

June 1980

alot has been different from just only the two years of knowing my dad, lately he's been back into the studio with my uncles, the the world they were Queen, to me they were nerds who loved Star Trek, and Scrabble, they were competitive even at their own game. Which led us to the album the Game which soon we were all going on tour for, one of my favorite albums they came together as one, "the bass in Dragon Attack needs to be deep and full of soul, do you get it John?" my dad would work hard for the perfect album if not even harder. There were times where I'd like to help out or give my opinion, but it wouldn't matter, it wasn't my business at all. My uncles kept the beat alive through the whole album, they made it a different sound than there other albums before.
"This is a new decade dad, teens are so over rated with rock and roll" i told him once, he laughed and told me "Vanessa people never get tired of the rock and roll"
I remember one morning my dad woke me up to show me my uncle John's song and what he came up with the song was called "Another One Bites the Dust" the bass line was freaking genus the compassion put into the song was amazing and their very own
I sat down at one of their rehearsals and told myself "i can't always be on the rode" i told myself that I needed some advice from my dad soon, after rehearsing he came back to the hotel, checked in with everyone and went to the local shop which I tagged along, you see my dad loved to shop it amazed me he didn't by the world at one point.
we walked into a painted and a sculpture store so many details as I walked around, "do you want this Vanessa?" My dad wanted the best things for me, I never agreed but I did want him to watch what he bought.
"Uhm, what is it dad?" I walked behind him
"It's a floral carpet!" He surprised me I laughed at him "Dad we need a house to put that in which right now we don't have..." he looked back at me and told me "well maybe we should start looking just for you and me, how about that, darling" i was shocked and happy I jumped up and hugged him from his back!
We were finally doing us, father and daughter, and no one was going to stand in our way.

" he looked back at me and told me "well maybe we should start looking just for you and me, how about that, darling" i was shocked and happy I jumped up and hugged him from his back!We were finally doing us, father and daughter, and no one was goi...

October 31st 1980

it was finally my birthday and one of my favorite holidays ever, we stopped our tour in Mexico City, being 16 frightened my dad out, yup Freddie Mercury was scared of something, letting me grow up.
My parents went all out for me knowing my love for animals, they rented out a farm with lots of animals ranging from Texas tiniest
chick's to the biggest horses. It was good to see everyone there that I loved, especially my parents being together happy. Kinda got me thinking does my dad want to find someone for himself someday. Other than me, which won't always be that.
Mary Austin was my father's second girlfriend, other than my mother, my dad never really had anything serious with anyone. But he and Mary were officially broken up in 1976 before I meet my dad, so I don't get why though. I'm sure he'd tell me someday.
"Take a walk with me, my darling" he whispered to me I followed my dad. We left the party this was something unusual knowing my dad loved parties and loved to social with everyone,
"what happened dad?" I told him as we walked up a small hill, "You're not a child anymore Vanessa, you're 16 years old, your dad is 35 holy shit!" I laughed so hard but I couldn't agree more "yea stop getting so old dad" we laughe. He than held my hand and took a deep breathe,
"I just want you to know that I love you so much, and I never want to keep secrets from you, ever darling, but some thing I have been keeping from you needs to be said" i've never been so confused in my life, my dad has never kept anything from me, "what is it daddy?" he took another breathe in than let it out, "lately I've been  thinking of moving on in relationships..." i smiled "whatever you decide to do dad, I'll be happy for you!" he liked his lips than looked down and said "even if that means dating...the same sex?" 
I gave him a huge hug "if you're happy daddy"

the same sex?"  I gave him a huge hug "if you're happy daddy"