Painful love

2:55PM

Sasuke guided me into the restaurant, we didn't even have to wait for a table! Maybe he booked a table beforehand, but how was he so sure I would come?

Boy, wouldn't I feel bad if I didn't show up..
Thank you Kiba!

But when we entered the restaurant.. It was absolutely empty!
The waiters and waitresses bowed as they greeted us politely. All of the attention was on us, there was nobody else!
"Wow.. This restaurant is completely empty!"

I should have dressed nicer today..
I'm only in this worn out tee, my denim skinny jeans and my converse sneakers.

And Sasuke? Wearing a formal navy button-up with the first few buttons undone showing his black tee underneath, paired with his branded belt and black skinny pants with some nice and expensive looking shoes.

"Sorry, does that make you uncomfortable? I booked the entire restaurant." He was looking worried as we took our seats on the grand looking chairs that was really comfy and the table was nicely decorated with fancy dining utensils.

"No, no! It's fine."

Sasuke was really nervous. Is it because of me?
It just seemed like he wanted everything to be perfect.

"That's great to hear, order whatever you like." He smiled nicely to me. It warms my heart. How could he be so nice to a stranger?

Maybe Sasuke is just a nice person.

I browsed through the menu, every set was so pricey. My eyes almost popped out, there's no way I could afford this! I sunk into my seat, feeling ashamed and broke.

I hid my flushed face behind the menu, "Um.. Mr. Uchiha.."

"Please call me Sasuke."

"Sasuke, I-I can't afford any of this. But it's fine! You can eat without me."

He grinned, "You think I would bring you all the way here just so you could pay for yourself?"

"Huh?" I slide the menu down, revealing my eyes.

The man had his sights locked with mine.
"It's my treat, of course."
And before I could open my mouth, he interrupted.
"What is your name?" His hand reaching towards mine on the table.

I got nervous and withdrew my hand.
"Naruto Uzumaki."
He noticed my reaction and looked apologetic. "Well," he swallowed. "Feel free to order whatever you like."

I ended up ordering a steak set because it was in a bundle means it was cheaper (in a way) and I've never gotten to try the high class food, Steak!

The celebrity ordered the same set, and the waiter collected our menus. Sasuke was doing it again- looking at me. I fidgeted again, pretending to look busy.
But I couldn't ignore it for long.

"Um, please excuse me!" I stood up, and bowed. The sudden move surprised Sasuke but he nodded anyway.
As I took off, I could still feel his eyes on my back, I quickly made my way to the restroom without looking too awkward.

I looked at myself hard in the mirror, get ahold of yourself, Naruto! He's just a super handsome celebrity on a date with you!

On a date?!
I almost fainted.
I washed up, fixed my hair and straighten out my clothes. You can do this!

3:13PM

While I was pushing open the restroom door, I heard a couple of waitresses conversing.
"Oh my god! It's Sasuke Uchiha!! It's so good looking!" "Yeah isn't he? It's the best day of my life!!" "It's pretty shocking to see him book an entire restaurant just to have dinner with a boy.."
"By the way, who is that nobody?"
"Who is that? He totally doesn't deserve to be near Sasuke."
"When I saw him, I was totally disgusted. To think Sasuke uchiha would have better taste in friends!"

I couldn't bear to hear the rest, I released the pressure of the bathroom door and it shut me in. I went into a stall and those words just kept replaying. I'm not good enough. I'm not good.. Enough..

I don't think I can do this after all.
I sighed aloud. And my fingers ran through my hair in frustration. Naruto Uzumaki, what the hell are you doing right now?