Love makes us foolish

3:13PM

Sasuke and I were seated at my favourite ramen place, I didn't even need to look through the menu to know what I was going to order.
"The usual, please!" I called out to the boss.
"How about your friend?" The ladyboss came out of the counter to greet us.

Sasuke was still looking through the worn out menu. He flipped through the pages a few more times, indecisive. "I'll get the same set as him." He returned the menu to the lady.
"Naruto always get extra noodles in his set, would you like extra-"
"No, thanks." He was quick to reject her.
She nodded before making her way back to the counter to enter our orders in the system.

He proceeded to clean his utensils with a tissue, looking uncomfortable with in the environment.
"So.. why did your management call you down for?"
"Oh, it's nothing. There's just some rumors online that I have a girlfriend. Because I'm seen too many times at events on my phone and smiling at it."
He smirked and put down the utensils. Holding my hand, he continued speaking. "I wondered who was I texting?"

"You shouldn't be on your phone all the time if you're at important events!" I lightly smack the back of his hand.
"I can't help it. I just want to be with you all the time. That's why I'm so jealous of Kiba." He casually confessed without stuttering.

How does he always be this cool?!

My face heated up, "Hey.. don't bring Kiba into this."
"Sorry for the wait, young men!" The boss served us the ramen sets.
The ladyboss was busy taking in orders at the other tables.
"Thank you very much!" I thanked the boss. "Enjoy your meal!" He stated as he quickly got back into the kitchen. He and his wife was now in their late 50s and for as long as I came here, it was always just the two of them running the eatery.

Sasuke simply looked at the bowl of noodles served in front of him, his face was expressionless. Though he did looked a little hesitant before taking a bite of the noodles.
"How is it?" I asked, slurping up my delicious noodles.
"It's ..decent, I've tasted better. I'll bring you there next time." He continued eating slowly, struggling with the bites.

"Oh my god, is that Sasuke Uchiha?" Someone from the table behind me snapped a photo of him as they whispered amongst each other.

I tried to ignore it, happily gobbling down my noodles.
But Sasuke on the other hand.. seemed like he was forcing himself to eat them.

4:21PM

With one bowl empty and the other one only half empty, we walked to the counter to pay for the meal.
Sasuke was about to pull out his card but I swiftly stopped him and handed cash to the boss.
I shook my head, telling the boss not to take the card of my boyfriend. He chuckled as he collected the cash in my hand.
"Thank you! I'll come again tomorrow!" I said goodbye to them before heading back to Sasuke's car.

I planted a kiss on Sasuke's cheek. "And thank you too."

He started up the car, "Thank me? What for?"
"For trying it despite its not what you're used to."
"It's what I should do. Whenever you crave for it, tell me. I'll eat it with you." With one of his hand on the steering wheel, he took my hand in his and kissed the back of my hand.
"I love you." He whispered.

6:54PM
We took a drive around the city for a couple more hours to catch the sunset. Sasuke parked the car on the top of the hill as we watched the sun go down.
"Naruto.. I've been thinking I want us to go public." He held my hand gently.
"What..?" I withdrew my hand, shaking my head disapprovingly.
"I'm tired of hiding you and the love I have for you. I want the whole world to know I'm yours. And that you're mine." He leaned in closer to me, but I shifted away from him and closer to the car door.

"Think about it, your management and family will not approve of it. And it might even affect your reputation." I told him rationally. But yet, I had another selfish reason.

I was not ready to be shown to the world.
I was not ready to enter his world.

"You know I never cared about what anyone thinks. You're all that matters to me."

"And I'm telling you that I'm not okay with that."
The sun has already set, now with the darker skies glooming above us.
"Why not?"
"I.. I'm just not okay with it." I turned to face the scenery behind the window. "Let's go home.. I need to study."

"Alright." Sasuke uttered as he drove us home.

The trip home was extremely quiet and uneasy.
I could feel Sasuke was upset with my decision.
But there was nothing I could do to help it.

He would never understand where I'm coming from.
I was invisible. And somehow, I missed feeling that way.
Everyday, not only in school but to the public, I get pictures taken of me because I'm always around Sasuke.
I get people harassing me because I know Sasuke.
I could barely eat, study and live in peace.
The world I knew suddenly became so loud.

7:38PM
We reached home and I was studying in my room while Sasuke was chatting with his personal assistant, Sai in the other room.
"Sasuke, think carefully about this!" I could hear Sai shouting from the other room next to mine.

I paused the music that was playing softly in the background to listen in on what was happening.
I could only hear chatters but I could not make out what the words were. I decided to leave the bedroom quietly to place my ears on the next room's door.

"I know very well what I want." My boyfriend argued.
"Yes, Sasuke. I'm sure. But your family will be furious." Sai persuaded.
"Let them. Either way, my decision has been made and I'm only letting you know because I respect you."
"Look at you, always being so adamant. The only person you'll listen to is Naruto."
"I wish he'd listen to me too." His voice sounded dejected.
"It's not just your decision to make, it's his too. It will not only affect your life, but his. Think about it, you think nobody soon will connect the dots and figure out his the 1 million dollar boy you were looking for a year ago?! This will go viral, to the point where Naruto can't ever go back to his normal life. Ever!"

Sasuke fell silent.
It was a few more long seconds before he whispered. It was so soft I could barely hear it.
".. I'm so selfish, aren't I?" He sighed.

"I... I think I've become stupid. I was consumed by my thoughts. And all I thought about was how great it would be if I could hold, kiss and love him in public. But I failed to think about how he would feel about this."