Chapter 4 - I Need Help

School was finally over. I was about to leave when I saw Allison and Lydia.

"Lydia!" I yelled, running up to them. "Hey, I just wanted to apologize for this morning."

"Don't worry about it. With how drastic Peter made it seem, it's not that bad. You seem to be controlling it well enough. Hey, listen we're going to go and shoot some arrows in the woods, wanna join?"

"Aah, no, I have something I need to do, but thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and smiled at them as a goodbye before leaving.

When I got back to my car I found Isaac leaning on the door. "Hey, don't suppose I could get a ride?" he asked.

"Actually I was wondering if you could keep an eye on Lydia and Allison. After what happened with Scott this morning I don't like the sound of Allison with a weapon."

"Then why didn't you go? Lydia did asked."

"Well, like I said, I have something I need to do and it's not nice to eavesdrop, Snoopy."

"You do the same thing all the time, but can you just answer one question first... why don't you like Allison. I got over the whole her trying to kill everyone thing and she did stab me... more than once, so why can't you?" Isaac asked me.

"I am over it. I don't think she's going to turn on us again, at least not on purpose, I just don't like hunters in general. Satisfying answer?"

"I'll take it." He smiled before running off in the direction Lydia and Allison drove.

I jumped in my car and headed for Peter's apartment. I was going to see if I could find him.

"Peter!" I yelled as I knocked on his door. "Peter, I'm going to kick this door in, so if you're in there you might as well open it!" No answer. "Okay, if you're alive, you're going to kill me for this later." I whispered to myself as I pulled back and kicked his apartment door off its hinges. Walking into the apartment, it was completely empty. Nothing except a used coffee mug on the glass table in the centre of the room and his laptop which had been opened, but the battery had long died. "Damn it." I muttered. "If I was an ex psycho, murderous alpha werewolf turned moderately trustful beta, where would I be or who would I piss off enough to be kidnapped... Basically anywhere or anyone in Beacon Hills. Perfect." I said to myself.

I tried ringing his phone, but it went straight to voicemail after a few rings.

***

Derek's POV

Peter's phone rang on the table in front of us. "That's the third time she's rang you today."

"Not jealous are you? It's your own fault and we are currently chained to a wall with electricity continuously running through our bodies and you're concerned about your girlfriend ringing me?" Bolts of electricity shot through my body and I had to grit my teeth to stop from yelling. "You really have no idea do you." Peter continued after the shock.

"About what?"

"Well I guess you wouldn't, considering you never bothered to ring, but if you did I'm sure Anna would have filled you in."

"Get to the point."

"You know what, I think I'll leave it as a surprise." He wouldn't say anymore.

***

Anna's POV

"Anna, it's good to see you." Mrs McCall said with a smile. "Isaac and Scott are upstairs." Just as she finished talking there was a loud thud and then a crash. Her smile faded and she marched her way to the bottom of the staircase, "Guys, come on! This house does not have a supernatural ability to heal!" I smiled and chuckled while Melissa motioned for me to go upstairs.

Once I got up there I found Isaac on the floor with a painting on the ground next to him and Scott in the door way. I picked up the painting and put it back on the wall and then held out my hand for Isaac.

"Thanks." He said then brushed down his shirt.

"What happened with Allison and Lydia? Anything?"

"Allison almost killed Lydia and would have if I wasn't there. It wasn't her fault though, she was hallucinating about Kate and thought that Lydia was her."

"But she's okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah, no harm done other than shock. Did you get whatever you needed to do done?"

"Not really."

"What were you doing?" Scott asked.

"I was looking for Peter. Got nothing. How are you feeling now?" I asked Scott.

"Fine. At first I didn't even notice my eyes were glowing until Stiles told me." He explained.

"This is not good. You should probably talk to Deaton, Scotty."

"Yeah, I will."

"Alright, I better go. Stiles and the Sheriff went to put flowers on Stiles' mum's grave. I want to be there when they get back. I'll see you guys at school, call me if anything else happens, yeah?"

Scott nodded.

Once I got back to the Stilinski house, the entire place was dark. I found my way up to my room and grabbed out my journal and begun writing. Once I had filled in the day's events there was nothing to do but sit there and think. But the longer I sat there the darker my mind became and the less I cared about everything that was happening to Scott, Stiles and Allison and what had happened to Peter.

Why should I care? It wasn't my problem. I felt fine. In fact I hadn't felt better in my entire life. I was stronger, faster, my senses were a thousand times better. I could sense Scott shifting when Isaac couldn't.

Why did I have to help them? Why did I always have to help them when all it ever got me was hurt? First shot by hunters, than almost killed by Gerard, put into a coma by Miss Blake, and I could go on for hours. I was better without them. I didn't need them. I didn't want them. And if I ever saw Derek again I will kill him. And Peter? For all I know he's lounging about somewhere in Fiji with tropical punch and exotic dancers.

Allison thought she was better than everyone else because she knew how to handle a bow and let's face it. Half of this hallucination crap was probably for attention. And Lydia thought she knew better than everyone else. Always knowing the answers, but she never helps when it comes down to a fight. All she can do is scream in that annoying high pitch tone that almost bursts my eardrums.

And the guys? Stiles, Isaac and Scott...

My phone rang, snapping me out of my mind.

"Hello?"

"Anna, sweetie. How are things going? I have some good news. Well good and bad." My dad said. "Paul passed away. The funeral is tomorrow, but I will be home in three days." That's all I needed. My dad's voice brought me back from whatever the hell I was thinking.

"I'm sorry. Give his wife my best. I'm glad you're coming home, dad, but are you sure you need to straight away. I mean his family may need some help." I had no idea what was going on in this town, but if I could I was going to keep my dad out of it. He was the only family I had left.

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

"No, no, not at all, I just want to make sure that everything is alright with Paul's family. They did look after you, remember?" I lied.

"I know and I wish I could stay a few more days, but I need to get back to work. I only took so many weeks off and I don't want to lose my job."

"I'm sure the Sheriff will be okay with a few more days." I said, knowing that he would be, but my dad hated taking advantage of anything.

"I know, but that's not the point. I'll see you in a few days, okay, Sweetie?"

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too, see you soon." He said and hung up the phone just as Stiles and the sheriff got home. As soon as the phone call ended and I was alone I felt the darkness starting to creep back, until Stiles came into the room.

"Hey, how's it going? Dad just told me about this old case of his and I think it may have something to do with the super... Hey are you okay?"

"Stiles... I think I need help."