Chapter 41 - Bad Moon Rising

“What now?” I asked.

“We go after those they love. I’ll send two of the Oni to the police station and then the animal clinic, you come with me to the hospital. Everyone touched by the Oni’s blade will die unless… unless Scott kills Stiles first.” He shrugged.

“When?”

“Now.” He said and left.

“Okay, but we’re driving. I can’t keep up with your vanishing act.” I quickly said before he closed the door. He looked at me and I raised my eyebrows up in a way that said, ‘do not argue with me on this.’ He sighed and headed for my car. I couldn’t help the smile triumphant smile.

“What if they kill the other four like Allison did the first?” I asked as we were driving, referring to the Oni.

“Her first arrows did nothing, it was just that one. I think she was experimenting. I don’t think she told them.” He said.

“What was it that killed it? What did she use?”

“I don’t know.” He said no more.

The hospital was crowded with people. Reese and I walked down the hallways making it obvious that people were going to have to move for us instead of us dodging them. There was a male nurse at the front desk who I recognised, but didn’t know the name of.

“Can you page Melissa McCall for us?” Reese asked as the man looked up. The Oni appeared behind us and lunged forward with a sharpe blade, plunging it into the man’s stomach. He fell, dead.

“Hmmm, looks like we’ll have to find her ourselves.” I said as I looked up at Reese.

“Tsk, guess so. Ladies first.” He said as he extended a hand out and down the hallway.

“I’d say body guards first, wouldn’t you?” A sadist smile crossed his lips as the Oni begun their way down the hallway with us casually following after them. People ran screaming as their swords swung around and slashed at anyone nearby.

Reese and I stopped walking and watched as the Oni made their way down the hallway. They reached the end and the elevator doors opened revealing Melissa and Agent McCall. They didn’t see us though, just the Oni and the dead bodies. McCall started shooting as Melissa panicked and closed the elevator doors again, but not before one of the Oni cut her leg with the swords.

I could almost feel Reese smirking next to me. He turned around and left, knowing that what we’d come to do was done.

“No we need to find the others.”

“The school.” I stated. “Everything always happens at the school.” I said.

“Well then… that’s where we’re going.”

***

“Are you sure they’ll show up here?” Reese asked.

“Yes. They will. Tell me, how strong are you now?”

“Stronger.”

“You’re one of the trickster spirits, yes? Why don’t you play a little trick on Scott and the others?”

“Hmmm, I think I have one in mind.”

“Good, because they’re here.” I said and nodded towards the approaching headlights in the dark.

He smirked and we walked back, out of view with the two Oni we had with us. “They’ll enter the school and the trick will detain them while we fight another fight.”

“Who?”

“Derek and the twins. He has the Triskellion box and they mean to trap me inside it, I need it.”