Chapter 44 - Goodbye

The room was empty, his bags were gone… he was gone. I got up and went down stairs. I didn’t have to say anything, Scott just gave me a hug and I hugged back.

“Are you ready?” He asked.

“For what?” I got a better look at him and saw his nice jeans and dark maroon button up shirt. I narrowed my eyes at it before looking at him in confusion.

“The Sheriff made all the arrangements. We have an hour before we have to be there, but Stiles will be here in about five minutes. Lydia went to pick up Kira, but she dropped this off.” He said as he held out the bag. In it was a dark dress and black cardigan and I pair of black strappy Gucci heels. I couldn’t help the small laugh that escaped my mouth over her telling me that’s we would get me new ones after I lost mine in the woods. I had to give her credit to, they were a thousand times better than the ones I lost.

“I’ll go up and get ready.” I whispered. I got changed and did my hair and make-up. Only basic, but enough. When I finally walked down stairs Stiles had arrived. He was wearing a nice pair of jeans as well with a deep blue V-neck of all things.

He gave me a smile and pulled me in for a hug. “Come on, I’m driving.” He said and Scott and I followed.

The funeral went by slowly and everyone was there. The Sheriff, Melissa, Agent McCall, Parrish, Lydia, Kira, even Ethan. I was surprised to see him, but he gave me a small smile and on instinct I wrapped him in a hug and we both cried. Me for my dad and him for Aiden. I think him coming was his way of showing us all that both he and his brother did care in their own way.

But Derek and Isaac weren’t there. Scott had told me in the car that Argent had booked the tickets for today, but he didn’t say what time, and I didn’t really want to know. Argent had buried Allison straight away on his own. There was no funeral. He didn’t want one. He said that she wouldn’t have wanted a crowd just peace. I wasn’t sure what Ethan’s plans with Aiden were, but I doubt it would be anything big or even a funeral. If there was we would all attend, but I think Ethan was in the same vote as Argent, he just wanted to get out.

I didn’t know where Derek was. He wouldn’t have missed it, no matter what happened between us, but I couldn’t think about that now. I saw Peter in the distance, but he didn’t join the service, but he was there.

We all stood around the hole in the ground as the coffin was lowered in. My dad was a traditional man so it was a simple pine box. I couldn’t seem to cry, I just stared. And empty stare with a blank face, unable to comprehend that he was gone.

I stood still even after the service was finished and people started to leave. A few deputies approached and said they were sorry and that he was a good man, but I couldn’t tell you who they were in that moment. Parrish didn’t say anything, he just placed a hand on my shoulder and walked away, knowing that words were pointless. The Sheriff and Melissa stood back as Lydia gave me a hug and Kira patted my back. When they left it was just me, Scott and Stiles.

Scott wrapped a hand around my waist and Stiles rested his head on my shoulder and gripped my arm, that’s when the tears came. Silent tears with no sobs that just seemed to fall without my blessing. I heard Stiles sniffle beside my and Scott’s heavy breathing and then footsteps behind us.

They both turned around, but I didn’t need to. I knew who it was.

Stiles let go of my arm and Scott let go of my waist. Stiles gave me a kiss on the cheek, but they didn’t say anything as they walked away leaving me alone with him.

His arm wrapped around my shoulder and the silent tears turned to shaking, uncontrollable sobs as he pulled me in. My legs grew week and I cried into his chest for the second time as I fell to the ground, taking him with me.

It wasn’t just my dad anymore, it was all of them. My dad, Allison, Ethan, Boyd, Erica and… and Jake. Peter knew. He was the only one who knew. He was the only one who knew that I wasn’t just burying my dad today. He was the only one I knew wouldn’t hate me over the truth, therefore the only won I wanted to be with right now.

After another 15 minutes of just sitting, Peter finally pulled me to my feet. I was surprised to see that Stiles, Scott, Lydia and Kira were all still here, but Derek still wasn’t.

Another car pulled up and I saw Argent was driving with Isaac next to him. “You guys can go, I’ll meet you later.” I managed to say.

“I’ll wait in my car for you, you’ll need a ride.” Lydia said before walking back to her car. I was glad it was her. She didn’t have supernatural hearing.

Scott understood so he shuffled the others away and I gave Peter a look that said, ‘don’t question me,’ which he rolled his eyes at and then left. Isaac got out of the car and Argent drove away to find a car park to wait in, leaving us completely alone.

“Aren’t you going to miss your flight?”

“I have a few minutes before we have to leave for the airport. I’m sorry I missed the service…”

I shook my head and cut him off, “Doesn’t matter, you’re here now.” I said as I walked up to him and gave him a hug. “You were my dad’s favourite, you know. I never asked why, but I think it was because unlike Stiles and Scott you didn’t have a restraining order put against you.” I said making him chuckle.

“Yeah, well he was nicer to me than my father was… not that that was a difficult thing.”

“How long do you have?” I asked him as I pulled back. He looked over his shoulder to where Argent had parked his car and was waiting. He looked back and a small smile crossed his face. “Seconds.” I nodded and another tear fell that he wiped away with his thumb. “I need to know why you never said anything. If you knew what I said at the hospital when you were in that coma then why didn’t you say anything?”

“Things were complicated with Derek and I didn’t want to complicate them anymore until I at least sorted that out.”

“And have you?” I nodded, “And?”

“Well he’s not here, is he?”

He smiled again and again hugged me. He looked over his shoulder again and then back at me. “I have to go.” I nodded again with yet another tear and he slowly turned around and headed for the car.

I turned and saw Lydia glaring at me from inside her car and she nodded towards Isaac.

I spun back around and started running. “Isaac!” he turned around in time to catch me and kiss me back. My feet lifted off the ground as his grip tightened around my waist and he lifted me up. When he finally put me down he smiled. “Goodbye.” I managed to choke out.

He kissed me on my forehead, “Remember what you promised.” He said before leaving. He got in Argent’s car and I watched them drive off. Lydia’s car came up beside me and I got in the passenger’s seat.

“It gets easier.” She said, referring to Jackson.

I nodded, “I know, but it’s not easy right now.”

More chapters yet, haha. I'm thinking one more and i have written the preface of the fourth book so i can get it up etc. But there will be an important information page so please read that.

Go back and read the funeral part with scott and stiles and then peter while listening to the song on the side :)