Chapter 10 - Alpha With Performance Issues

“You find that animal! You find that thing!” I man was yelling at the Sheriff before storming out of the locker room were the police were investigating. I had left for a bit to try and contact Peter to see if he could help in any way, but got no answer.

“Who was that?” I asked the boys as I walked up to them.

“Malia Tate’s father.” Stiles mumbled.

“Why is here? Does he know?” I questioned.

“No, his house has been terrorised by a coyote for a year or so and he can’t catch it. He’s convinced it was the animal that dragged Malia out of the wreckage.” Scott explained.

“Well it was… technically.” I shrugged. “So what’s the plan?” I looked at them both.

“We find and catch Malia.” Stiles said simply.

“Okay, MacGyver, how exactly do you plan to do that?” I asked Stiles.

Scott replied. “We tell Allison to go home and find her tranquiliser gun and we go to Deaton to get the tranquiliser.”

“Uh-huh, alright then. I’ll go and find Isaac, Stiles you wait by the car, you’re my ride, Scott we’ll meet you there.” I smiled at the two of them and they nodded and then begun moving. Being the only women in our trio had its perks – I say jump, they say how high. Gotta love that female power.

Once I found Isaac I dragged him to the Jeep and we were on our way. Within half an hour we were at the clinic and Deaton was placing Xylazine, a horse tranquilizer, in front of us.

“For a were-coyote, it’s expected to work within seconds.” Deaton explained. “I only have three, so whoever is shooting needs to be a damn good shot.”

“Allison’s a perfect shot.” Scott said.

“No, she used to be.” Isaac said, referring to her recent hallucinations that had been causing her to go completely around the bend whenever she picked up a weapon.

“She can do it.” Scott said, never losing his faith.

“If we manage to find the thing.” Isaac said.

“Okay, what is the point of him?” Stiles said, gesturing to Isaac. “Seriously what is his purpose? Aside from the consistent negativity and the scarf? What’s up with the scarf? It’s 65 degrees out.” Scott and I just rolled our eyes at the two.

“Look, maybe I’m asking the question that no-one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl when she hasn’t been a girl for eight years?”

“I can do it.” Scott stated. “The night Peter trapped us in the school.” He said referring to things before my time as a werewolf. “He was able to make me turn by just using his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery.”

“This is a were-coyote. Who knows if it will work even if you can find someone who can teach you?” Deaton said.

“That’s why you called Derek.” Stiles said. I narrowed my eyebrows at Scott.

“He didn’t answer.” He quickly added. That didn’t make sense. Derek was in town, but Scott didn’t know that. I planned on telling him, I did, I just needed to find out answers before I did. Which I was planning to do this afternoon if not for the usual supernatural crap that seemed to be infiltrating my life.

“We need a real alpha.” Stiles mumbled and Scott glared at him. “You know what I mean. An alpha who can do alpha things. An alpha who can get it going, get it…”

“Up?” Isaac suggested.

“Right.” Stiles said.

“I’m an alpha with performance issues.” Scott stated. I shook my head and smiled at this weird conversation which I refused to contribute to.

“Is there anyone aside from Derek who can help?” Deaton asked.

I went to open my mouth, but Stiles stopped me. “Please, I’m begging you, do not say Peter.”

“He’s right, I wouldn’t trust him.” Isaac jumped in.

“Well do you have a better idea? Scott just said that Peter made him change.” I argued.

“What about the twins?”

“They aren’t alphas anymore.” Deaton stated.

“Yeah, but they may know how to do it.” Stiles said.

“Well, no-one has seen them for weeks.” Scott said.

“That’s not entirely true.” Stiles said.

“Lydia.” I finished for him. 

This is super short i know, but i wanted to get something up for you guys tonight and i'm unbelievably tired. So i'll try to write more when i wake up :) love ya.

P.S. Please check out 'Wolves, Stags, Lions, Dragons, and Me' my new fanfic if you haven't already. i need feedback! 

xoxo