Chapter 5 - Wake Up

“So it only happens when you’re alone and then when someone else comes into the room you go back to your normal self. That doesn’t seem too bad, just stay with people all day. We’re at school, you’ll be 100% fine.” Stiles was saying in the car as he drove us to school.

“But it can’t just be anyone, Stiles. My dad brought me back on the phone and you did when you came into the room. I was fine in art class yesterday with Isaac and when I was with Isaac and Scott yesterday afternoon. I was also okay when I was looking for Peter because I was focussed on something, but it’s not always enough. I almost lost it at Lydia, Stiles.”

“Okay… so then you stay with me, Scott or Isaac all day. That’s not too bad.”

“What about History? The only person in that class is Danny.”

“But you’re friends with Danny.”

“Yeah, I’m also friends with Lydia.”

“Oh… I see your point… skip History, I think I have a spare then and if I don’t I’ll skip whatever class I have. We can… shoot some hoops.”

“Shoot some hoops? Really?”

“Yeah, it’ll be fun.”

“Alright, but I should warn you, I’m a mean shot. I’m gunna kick your ass.” I smirked at him as we got out of the car.

“Oh, really? Well I seem to remember teaching you how to shoot in the first place, so I wouldn’t be getting to cocky, princess.”

“Oh no you didn’t.” I glared at him.

“What’s wrong, princess? Was it something I said?”  He smirked.

“You better watch your back Stilinski.”

“As the princess commands.” He said with a bow before looking up at me with a smile. He took off at a run with me at his heels. “Princesses shouldn’t run!” he yelled back at me as we ran through the school doors.

I caught up to him and jumped on his back, “No, but werewolves should. And I thought you would have learnt by now that you can’t beat me in a race anymore.” I said from his back.

“Fine. I yield. Now let go.”

“Nope. You’re taking the princess to her locker.”

“Oh, come on.”

“Don’t start what you can’t finish, important life lesson.” He groaned, but continued walking. We found Scott waiting at my locker. “Scotty!” I exclaimed. “What lesson do you have in forth period?” I said jumping off Stiles’ back.

“A spare, same as Stiles, why? And what are you two doing?”

“Life lesson. I need to learn to not start something I can’t finish.” Stiles groaned.

“What’d you do?”

“I called her princess.”

Scott shook his head like he should have known better. “Okay, so what are you two planning in forth?”

“Well, Anna here, can’t be out of our sight today due to her knew… abilities and she doesn’t have anyone in History other than Danny, so I thought that she should skip and we could go and shoot some hoops.”

“Alright, but Stiles, I did teach you how to play basketball, so you better watch it.” Scott smiled and I couldn’t help laughing.

The bell rang and we all went to Coach’s class. Scott sat in his usual seat, but I took up Stiles’ spot in the front row. “Is this still part of teaching me my life lesson?” he asked.

“Yep.” I smirked.

“What are you doing?”

“What? I’m not doing anything, I just said yes.” I replied.

“Anna, I don’t know what that means, I don’t read sign language, I didn’t know you knew sign language, actually.”

“Stiles… I’m not doing sign language are you okay?”

“Alright fine, be like that, but I bet you can’t keep it up for long.” He said and took his seat.

I looked back at Scott who looked just as worried as I did. Stiles begun looking around the room and then looked down at his piece of paper and begun writing something over and over and over again.

“Stiles…” I said.

“Stilinski, are you paying attention?” Coach said. “Stilinski.” He said again when Stiles didn’t budge. He then grabbed out his whistle and blew it as loud and long as he could until Stiles shot up. “Stilinski! I asked you a question.”

“Sorry, Coach, what was it?” Stiles asked.

“Oh, it was, Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?”

“Oh. Well I am now.”

“Stilinski, stop reminding me why I drink… every night.”

Scott and I were both looking at Stiles. “I’m alright, I just fell asleep for a sec.” He said.

“Stiles…” I begun.

“You weren’t asleep.” Scott finished briefly looking at Stiles’ paper. Stiles looked down and saw what he had written.

The entire page was scribbled with the words Wake Up.

Shorter chapter than the last, but i'm going to do my best to update again today