Chapter 15 - Broken Hearts

I was running. My feet were pounding on the ground and my arms were swinging back and forth in rhythm with my legs. With every step I picked up speed until I didn’t think my legs could turn any faster without falling off. But my heart never faulted. It was beating steadily and strong and only small amounts of my breath could be seen in the air. I wasn’t tired. I could do this for hours. Or maybe even days.

But I didn’t need that long. I was gaining on him. Every step, leap, and jump brought me closer. He couldn’t outrun me. He knew he couldn’t. After all he was only a werewolf. And I was a werewolf/nix hybrid.

Wet blood was dripping down my arms, still warm, but gradually turning cold in the cool morning breeze. He never put up much of fight. In fact it was disappointing. Boring even. Human or not, Stiles should have at least given me something, even a slap would have been nice, but no. He stood there like an idiot when I ripped out his heart. He even cried. CRIED! Like a five year old boy who had his action man taken off him.

Scott tried to stop me at least, but true alpha or not, I was stronger. I snapped his neck and turned on Isaac and Peter. Peter ran while Isaac let a few tears escape and lunged. I had just taken down his alpha what the hell did he think he could do? A beta! Well I killed him too. Broke his back on my leg when I ripped him down.

Peter was the only one left. He ran like a coward while I was taking down Isaac, but he couldn’t keep it up. He was still weak and I could already hear him slowing.

“Peter! You can’t run forever!” I yelled.

A black silhouette jumped out of nowhere and tackled me down.

Derek.

I wondered when he’d show up. “Anna… please.” He whispered as I recovered to a crouching position with him a metre away, looking me in the eyes. “Please.” He repeated.

“I didn’t take you for the begging type, Derek.”

“I don’t want to kill you, but…”

“Kill me? And how do you think you’re going to do that?” I smirked with a small chuckle. “It will be difficult after I rip your heart out of your chest.” I snarled and leapt forward. He tried to stop me, but I was on top of him and had him pinned down. I smiled down at him and l kissed him. But not like I used to. It was rough and had no passion. When I pulled back I punched through his ribs, breaking bone and found the beating organ underneath. Pain and heartbreak crossed his face which only made me smile more. “Smile Derek, I’m sending you to see your family. Hugs and kisses.” I finished as a ripped his heart out.

I slowly stood up as the blood pooled around my boots. His heart slowly fell from my hands and I looked up to see Peter staring at me. “Well?”

“Did you have to kiss him?”

I smiled and ran up to him, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist as my arms went around his neck and I pulled him into a kiss. “Not jealous of a dead man are we, babe?”

He smiled and kissed me again. “Well… not anymore. Nice plan, by the way. Have to admit I had my doubts.”

“There’re all do-gooders. How could they resist trying to save each other? And you running was the only way to get Derek alone.”

He smiled again, “Have I told you how beautifully brilliant you are?”

“Not today. I could hear it more.” I teased and once again Peter kissed me. This time my back hit a tree behind us and I tore at his dark grey shirt.

That’s when I woke up… gasping for air and screaming. I felt something jump underneath my head and I looked up to see Peter staring wide eyed.

“What the hell was that?!”

I jumped up and backed away, still wearing his shirt. I didn’t know how my head ended up in his lap instead of my feet and I didn’t remember when I fell asleep, all I knew was that I was scared out of my mind.

The door was kicked down suddenly and Derek stood in the doorway, also staring wide eyed at me. He gave me a once over, noticing the shirt. He looked at Peter and went straight at him, fist balled.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. I didn’t do anything.” Peter said, jumping up and backing into a wall.

I didn’t know what I was doing, but I ran between them, “Derek stop!” he did. I looked at him in surprise. If I had to guess he had been looking for me after I left, but I never asked.

I hugged him. He was confused and didn’t do anything and I kept touching his chest. Yes I was still mad, but I was glad he was alive. “What are you doing?” he asked slowly. I pulled back and looked at his chest, still touching it. “Anna? Why are you stroking my chest? And why are you wearing that?”

“After I left I turned into a wolf and lost my clothes. I ran hear, changed back in the bathroom, came out wearing a towel and Peter gave me the shirt.”

“To borrow.” Peter interrupted, reminding me that he wanted it back.

“You’re okay.” I stated still touching and looking at his shirt, ignoring Peter. I went to lift it up to have a look, but he grabbed my hand.

“What the hell is going on?”

“Just a dream.” I said in a small voice and looked over my shoulder at an equally confused Peter.

It had felt so real, though.

So... What do ya think. She's losing it a bit :) Opinions?