Chapter 31 - Fade To An Empty Black

I shielded my face and dropped to the ground on reflex at the sound of the explosion. Around me everyone was doing the same.

When it was over I jumped up and looked around. Derek had shielded Argent and I could see pieces of glass in his back because of it. When he sat up he looked faint and Argent had to help him before anyone else could see and realize he was healing. There were a least five officers injured, lying around the main room, but I paid no attention. I ran straight to the Sheriff’s office where the bomb had been.

He was just lying there. I couldn’t recognize him at all and if it wasn't for the moderately intact badge that read Deputy Fields on his chest I would have insisted it wasn't him.

But it was.

I stood there staring and slowly managed to walk over and collapse beside my father. “Dad… daddy… No, no, no, please come back, please don’t leave me.” I barely managed to whisper as I reached out my hand to touch his badly charred face. I cupped one side and moved it so it fell to the other revealing the right side of his face that was still recognisable and hardly burnt, but he was still gone.

Seeing the other side of his face made it real and a scream mixed with a sob escaped my mouth as I collapsed further down beside him, unable to move, think or really comprehend. I don’t know how long I was there for, but I heard more sirens pull up outside the station. Weak sobs escaped my mouth and I felt two arms wrap around my waist and then I was passed over to someone else.

"Get her out of here, Parrish. To my house, not hers." I think it was the Sheriff’s voice.

Parrish nodded and begun dragging me out of the Station. I couldn't control my tears, sobs and screams and my legs weren't working. He had to continuously pull me up until we were back in the main room to the station.

I could see Derek through the corner of my eye with Chris, but I couldn’t bring myself to look at them. They were both still cuffed and under arrest, for unknown reasons, so they couldn’t do anything anyway. I let Parrish take me out to one of the squad cars and I silently got in the passenger’s seat and let him drive me home. As we were leaving I saw the Jeep pull up and Stiles and Scott run into the station, not noticing me in the squad car.

We had just gotten to the Stilinski house and I still hadn't said anything. Parrish got out of the car and went around to open my door. I didn't seem to be functioning properly so he had to help me out and didn't let go until we were at the front door. I unlocked the door and turned the handle. Before I went inside I turned back around to thank him, but he spoke before I could.

"If you need anything, doesn't matter what it is. You know where to find me, yeah?" I nodded and gave him a hug while saying thank you. He didn't hesitate in hugging me back and I probably hung on too long but I really had no idea what I was doing at this time. I pulled back slowly and stood in front of him. “You know what, I’m going to stay here until the Sheriff rings or Stiles and Scott show. You shouldn’t be alone.”

“No, they need you at the station and I’d rather be alone.” I said, wanting nothing more than to fall to the ground and cry, but I didn’t want to do that in front of him. “If I ring Scott or Stiles they’ll be here in five minutes and the Sheriff probably already sent them. I’ll be fine, Parrish.” I said, but I knew my voice wasn’t very convincing and kept breaking through every sentence. The only reason I knew it was Parrish that had taken me home was because the Sheriff had said his name, the person in front of me was nothing but a blur through tear stung eyes. “Please.” It came out like I was begging, but he seemed to understand. I knew full well that when I walked through the door he would ring the Sheriff and make sure someone was on their way, but I just needed a few minutes alone.

He nodded. “If no-one is here in five minutes… call me.” He stated. I nodded and walked inside, closing the door behind me, but not bothering to lock it.

I went straight to what had been my room at the Stilinski’s house and found it virtually empty and then I remember all my things were at my house as my dad had moved them back. I was meant to live with him again.

I fell down onto the bed and stared blankly up at the ceiling. My head pounded, my chest felt hollow and my stomach kept turning like I was going to be sick, but I couldn’t get up and run to the bathroom because my arms and legs were shaking and quivering. More tears roll down the side of my face and begun to create a wet patch on the bed spread.

I wanted it to stop. The pounding, the hollowness, the turning and the quivering. I wanted to go back. I wanted to go back and insist that my dad stay with Paul’s family a little longer. I wanted to go back further and never come home the night my mum saw me shift so she wouldn’t go drink driving and crash and my dad would never have had to come to town. I wanted to go back to the day I asked Derek for the bite or the day my curiosity got the better of me and I followed Stiles. I wanted to go back.

But I couldn’t.

There was no going back, there was no changing the past. All there was, was the present and the future. The future was unknown, but the now I could control and I wanted it to stop.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, opening them again as they begun to glow a luminous green as I let everything go and fade to an empty black.

Short, i know, but i thought that was a good place to stop. :) So what do you think is going to happen now that she has let the Nix "take over?"