Chapter 33 - Check

“Sorry, but I can’t let you walk out with this. It’s way above the legal voltage limit.” Parrish said as he looked at Argent’s electric stick thingy. Being evil has made me resort to eavesdropping again, on as many people as I could considering the Nogitsune was proving to be one pain in the ass to find. Argent and Derek were being released. Apparently evil Stiles had framed them for murder which is why they were under arrest at the time of the explosion which I believe was an attempt to kill them.

“I only use it for hunting.” Argent argued as Derek gave him a glare.

“Well I’m pretty sure you could use it to jump start a 7-47.” Parrish shot back.

“This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped, although I’m not exactly sure who is responsible for that.” Argent said.

“I am.” The Sheriff said, walking up to them. I was positioned across the street, but I could see clearly through the glass doors, especially considering a lot for it was still under repair. “I’ll take care of this Parrish.”

“Sheriff, I’m not kidding. This thing is a few watts from being a Lightsaber.” Parrish said, making Derek yet again glare at Argent.

“I said I’ll take care of it.” Sheriff said again. I liked Parrish. He had a kind of amusing spunk to him. Shame he was one of the good guys or else I might have tried to recruit him.

The Sheriff took Chris and Derek into a back room and I had to move a little closer, by which I mean I snuck around the edge of the building so I was outside the window, to hear clearly.

“They’re exactly the same.” Stilinski said. I managed a quick look through the window and saw the separate MRI scans. One was Stiles, the other must have been Claudia Stilinski’s, Stiles’ mum.

“I’m guessing this isn’t possible.”

“Not even remotely.” The Sheriff said.

“The trickster is still playing tricks, but why this one?” Chris asked.

“When I was in the army an officer told me, ‘If you want to defeat your enemy, you don’t take away their courage. You take away their hope.’”

“You don’t look like a man who gives up hope easily.”

“But Stiles might. If this thing is inside of him, it’s not just a fight for his body, it’s a fight for his mind, right? I need people like you, who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need your help to stop him.”

“And by stop him, you mean trap him?” Argent questioned. There was no reply, but I guess the Sheriff nodded.

“There’s more.” The Sheriff started again. “After the explosion Parrish took Anna home, back to my place. She said she needed to be alone for a while so he left. Scott went and saw her a little while after and…” He trailed off.

“If she’s not herself…” Derek begun, “Then we’re going to have more than just Stiles to deal with.”

“Stiles first, Derek.” Argent said sternly. “The Oni will be after him tonight and we need to find him before they do. A Nogitsune thrives on Chaos while a Nix lives for Euphoria. Partying, drinking and probably a need for speed when she drives. It can wait until after we have Stiles.”

“The partying is only half of it… it’s an outlet or something to make time go buy, but it’s not the ultimate goal.” I wasn’t sure how I liked having my nature being broken down by my boyfriend-type-thing. What was Derek? Was he my boyfriend? My Ex? Friends with benefits? Either way I could definitely have some fun with him sooner or later. “In an inhumane state the biggest sense of euphoria comes from power and pain. Soon she’ll be looking for that.”