Chapter 23 - Shivering

I met Isaac and Allison outside of the door to the loft.

“Cute singlet.” She said to me.

“Cute skirt.” I replied back. Isaac looked between us and raised his eyebrows. “We’re working on repairing our relationship.” I explained.

“Clothes are always the first step.” Allison continued.

“Ah-huh. Well, you ready?” Isaac asked as he grabbed the handle to the door. We both nodded and he pulled it across. The dance music erupted and dozens of, probably more, teens were dancing with glow in the dark paint that the black-light made even more vibrant. “Holly god.” I muttered.

“Derek can never know about this.” Isaac stated with emphasis on the word never.

I nodded my head up and down repeatedly in agreement. “Oh god, what if he comes home.” I muttered.

“After weeks he’s just going to suddenly show up on Halloween?” Allison asked.

Crap. I’d completely forgotten to tell them he was back. “Oh… well, ah…”

“Anna…” Isaac started.

“He may have been tied up with Peter by the hunters, but I didn’t want to say anything until I’d spoken to him and then I spoke to him and lost control and turned into a wolf and then things got kinda crazy with Barrow and I completely forgot to mention it.” I said really fast without a breath. “So… who wants to get some paint?” I asked before they could respond and walked over to the chick holding the paint brushes.

“What do you want?” She asked

“Surprise me.” She thought for a moment and then grabbed her green paint. She started painting an intricate pattern on the back of my hands that looked like veins with thorns that went all the way up my arms, over my shoulders and fanned out on my neck with more thorns. She then went back and put splashes of red near the thorns so it looked like they were digging into my skin. “Perfect. Got any green lipstick?” She handed me over some and I put it on. “Remind me to tell Danny to give you a good tip.” I said before pulling Isaac and Allison over. “Paint up guys!” I yelled over the music.

Turning around I saw Scott enter with Kira and Stiles. By the time I shoved my way through the crowd over to them Stiles had already ran off with some chick.

“Here’re your connecters and don’t say I never do anything for you.” I said handing them over to him.

“Thanks. Here’s the money.” I grabbed the money out of his hand and shoved it in my back pocket.

“Thank-you. I’m going to see if I can find Danny, you kids have fun.” I said before giving Scott a kiss on the chick leaving a green stain on purpose. He rolled his eyes and I smirked.

I looked around the room and saw Lydia walking away from Aiden which caused him to growl with his eyes glowing blue and his canines out. I rolled my eyes and walked up to him.

“You know, helping set up a rave isn’t going to make you the good guy. You have to earn it.”

“And how do you suggest I do that? And why are you helping me?”

“I’m not helping you, I’m enlightening you. No-one can tell you how to be the good guy. You have to figure that out on your own, but I can tell you organizing a social event is not going to cut it. You helped kill Boyd and you didn’t do anything to help save Erica. Start with something a little more significant, Aiden.” I said before patting him on his chest and walking away.

“Nice paint job!” He yelled after me.

“Likewise!” I yelled back and walked off smiling until I found Danny. “Nice party!” I yelled.