Chapter 39 - Oak Creek

“How did you know that if I saw Derek it would bring out my… homicidal tendencies?” I asked evil Stiles, who had found me at my house after I’d changed clothes.

“Like I said. I’m smart. It triggered the memory and by triggering the memory of murder you awaken your killer side and it took over, wanting to feel what it felt like to take a life again.”

“I didn’t kill Derek though.”

“No, but most of the fun is in the chase. I’d be too easy.”

“So what’s the plan, now?”

“I’m holding Lydia at Oak Creek and I now have Noshiko’s last tail.” He said and held it up.

“It’s a knife.”

“A knife with a lot of power. With it, I can take command of the Oni. We’re going back to Oak Creek now, the others will be there by night fall.”

“The Oni will lead them there correct?” He nodded. “So the gang and the ninja’s all show up at the same place at the same time because you took Lydia. When they get there, you’ll take command of the creepy demonic guys and kill everyone else. I assume you took Lydia for two reasons. One, so that she can’t use her power and tell Scott where you are before you’re ready for him and two, so that she can alert you to when they’re coming or when they’re close.”

He nodded again, “You are intuitive… I admire that. And I don’t admire a lot.”

I ignored him and continued. “If you have your invincible assassins, why the hell do you need me?”

“Need I remind you that you’re the one who was originally seeking me out? But, to answer your question… with you fighting against your friends you’ll be inflicting not only physical, but also mental pain, something I can’t achieve now that Stiles and I are separated.”

“He’s dying, though, so I’m sure they’ll be some.”

“Yes, but they’re in denial about what’s happening to him.”

“What happened to your stomach?” I asked, noticing the ripped shirt he was wearing and the bandage underneath it.

“It’s where the flies came from.”

I scrunched up my nose at the thought of it and the realized that that was why he sounded weak on the phone the other night. “I have one more question.” I continued without letting him respond. “What’s your name? I mean what can I call you? I can’t exactly say Stiles, that’s just confusing and if I keep calling you The Nogistune, it’s just weird. It’s essentially the same as calling me The Nix or The Werewolf.”

“Reese.”

“Pull that out of thin air, did ya?”

“He was the last person I possessed before Stiles.”

“You mean the dead, burnt army guy.”

He nodded, “Enough of this talk. We’re leaving.” He said and started for the door. He walked through it and closed it behind him when I caught up and walked outside, he was gone.

“Well… I guess I’ll be driving solo.” I muttered as I jumped in my car and started the engine.

It took longer than I thought it would take to reach Oak Creek and there wasn’t much there. I followed The Nogitsune’s, or Reese’s, directions and wound up at some creepy old building sight that looked like you could easily get lost in. It was built very similar to Eichen House. In fact Eichen house was right next door and it looked like they had once been a part of the same complex.