Chapter 7 - Oh God, I Can't Even Look

“A coyote with glowing blue eyes?” I questioned Scott.

“Yes! I think its Malia Tate, she was the only one whose body wasn’t found.” I had only just made it home from the clinic when Scott had rung me about what had happened. After the sheriff took them to where the road accident had happened they saw a coyote. Scott chased it and came face to face with the animal to see it had glowing blue eyes. “It makes sense. The crash happened under a full moon so if she turned in the car she could have killed her family and then run off and never come back because of what happened. Stiles and I are still out here. We’re trying to find her, but we could use some more help.”

“Alright, I’m on my way.” I said and hung up the phone. I chucked my shoes back on and grabbed my keys. When I pulled up outside the Beacon Hills reserve I noticed I still had to walk a few miles to find Stiles and Scott, on my own, in the middle of the woods at 10pm. “Great. It’s fine. Perfectly fine. Stay focused and you’ll be fine. No need for any Nixy bullshit. It’s all in your head.” I begun talking to myself. I only made it a few paces before I heard a loud and pain filled scream. It wasn’t coming from the woods though. It was distant, very distant and if my senses were like any other werewolves I probably wouldn’t have heard it. However, luckily they were on overdrive due to my recent power boost. It didn’t take long for me to realize who it was either. “Peter.” I muttered.

I quickly shot Scott a text saying that something came up and I would explain later and then jumped in my car and headed in the direction I heard the scream. I had a pretty good idea where it was coming from, the trick was finding the exact location once I was in the right area. The place was just outside Beacon Hills and took me a total of 2 hours to pin point. But eventually I got it.

It was a creepy looking wooden building and I knew it was the right one because I could smell the fading scent of Peter’s cologne that was probably a few days old.

I was just about to walk up to the building when someone pulled up on a motorbike. Thinking she was a hunter or something I got prepared to fight. She took off her helmet, revealing claw marks that started on the left side of her face and went down and across her neck.

“Easy. I’m here to get Derek out as well.”

“Who the hell are you? And how do you know why I’m here? And Derek? Don’t you mean Peter?”

“Names Breadon. I’m the one who saved Isaac and I know everyone in your clique. Deucalion sent me to get Derek out, he said nothing about Peter. Come on, the extra hand could be useful.” She said as she pulled out some huge ass gun off her bike and begun towards the building.

The only thing that was going through my mind was that Derek was back in town.

“Son of a bitch.” I muttered as I followed Breadon. “So what’s your genius plan, may I ask?”

She cocked her gun as three men came around the corner and begun shooting. Bullet cases were flying everywhere and I noticed a few of them fall through the floor boards. “The plan is to figure out where they are.” She said once the men were down as if it were no big deal.

“I think they’re under us.” She looked at me with a confused expression and I looked at the ground and shuffled one of the shells over to one of the cracks and it fell through. A few second later we heard it hit the ground indicating there was another room underneath. She still didn’t seem convinced so I had to listen in. “I can hear at least three heartbeats. Is that good enough?”

Without saying anything she power walked ahead until we found the stairs to the basement. We walked down them and around the corner to find another hunter waiting outside the door ready for us. Breadon pulled up her gun and fired, but nothing happened.