Chapter 24 - Miguel

“Anna!” Isaac yelled over me with Derek kneeling next to him.

I was still shaking and felt like I had been lying on a blanket of ice for a month. Ethan had now healed and was beside his brother, helping him up. “Are you okay?” Derek asked me as he reached for my arm to help me up. I glared at him and took Isaac hand and pulled myself up. Derek rolled his eyes at my petty actions and stood up from his crouching position.

“What happened? Where did they go?”

“They disappeared when the sun came up.” Scott answered my question and walked over to Allison. “We need to talk to your father.” He said to her. Apparently Isaac or Allison had mentioned what happened to Isaac last night.

Allison nodded. “I’ll call him from the car.” She said and begun leading Scott out. Isaac went to follow and then looked back at me as if I was meant to go with him.

“Hang on!” Kira stopped them, “Can someone please tell me what’s going on?”

Scott stared at her for a while and then looked at everyone else in the room, trying to find an answer. “Oh for crying out loud Scott, she saw you… red eyed and fanged. Just say the word.” He looked at me still looking scared. “I’ll start you off. It starts with a W… were….”

“Werewolves… we’re werewolves. Well actually Lydia is a banshee and Anna’s a werewolf/Nix hybrid and… I’m the alpha.” Scott said.

An alpha, not the alpha. If you were the alpha, everyone would be in your pack.” Aiden said bitterly as he begun to heel, still angry about not being accepted.

“Well he’s the only alpha in this room, isn’t he?” I snapped back at him and he glared at me. Being betas was still a touchy subject for our cocky twins.

“Hang on, Nix hybrid?” Derek questioned.

“Remember how I’m mad at you for disappearing for weeks? Well… now you know why… one of the reasons why. The other reason is you’re just an ass.”

“That’s Derek?” Kira asked.

“Yep. All six foot stubborn, sour Haleness of him. You guys go, fill me in on what Chris says.” I turned back to Scott, Isaac and Allison. “I’ll take Kira home, find Stiles, who seems to have taken off,” I said, looking around the room, “and see if Lydia’s okay.” I turned and faced the twins. “You two make yourselves scarce. Very scarce. Like Antarctica scarce. And you…” I said turning back to Derek, “go and find Cora in South America and stay there.”

“Well someone’s in a good mood.” Aiden muttered.

“Well I’m sorry, but I was just given hyperthermia by a creepy demonic ninja in a scary samurai mask.”

“So was I.” He said back.

“Yeah, but I’m female… I’m allowed to be snappy. What is that?” I asked Derek and turned his head to the side revealing a backwards five mark. I slapped him on the arm. “Why didn’t you say they went after you as well?”

“I did! You were unconscious on the floor with hyperthermia.” He defended.

I sighed, “Kira? You coming.” She nodded like she didn’t want to argue with me and followed me out the door to my car. We got in and I drove her home in silence until we got to her house.

“This can’t be happening.” She muttered.

“Well it is. I thought the same thing when I found out.”

“If all this is real then what does that make me?”

“You?”

“The electricity with Barrow. And… the photos.”