Chapter 18 - I'm Not Leaving

Scott handed us over Barrow’s hospital robes so we could get a sense of his smell. It wasn’t the nicest smelling thing in the world. He smelt mainly of sweat and… death. 

“Isaac you’re with me. Anna go with the Ethan and Aiden.”

“What, don’t you trust us on our own?” Ethan questioned.

“No.” Isaac jumped in.

We split up and started searching the basements. It was mostly quiet as we were focussed on finding a sent or listening for out of place noises. Ethan seemed to be doing most of the leading while Aiden and I trailed behind.

“You got something?” Aiden asked his brother once he stopped walking. Ethan held up his hand to silence him. Ethan jumped around the corner, followed by Aiden and then me. We found Danny making out with his ex against a wall. Aiden started laughing and so did I while Ethan and Danny just stared at each other.

“Oh really?” Ethan questioned.

“Hey Danny!” I waved. He kind of smiled awkwardly and nodded while scratching the back of his head. Aiden walked back around the corner, still laughing. “Seeing you reminds me, there’s a club called The Spot that should be willing to throw your Halloween party and if you chuck in a bit of extra cash, they’ll overlook the underage drinking stuff.” I said, remembering how he asked me to help him find a venue.

“Really? That’s great. How do you know they’ll allow drinking?”

“Deputies daughter, been living with the Sheriff, I know everything that goes on in this town.” I smiled.

“Okay, thanks, that’s awesome. I owe you.”

“Don’t mention it. We’ll just be going now though I think.” I said as I tugged on Ethan’s sleeve and dragged him back around the corner.

We kept on walking until we heard the fire alarm. “That can’t be good.” Aiden said.

“I can only think that that’s Stiles way of warning us to get out.” I replied.

“Let’s get out of here.” Ethan said and he took off followed by Aiden. I stood still for a few moments not really fussed about the situation suddenly until Aiden came back and started moving me along.

“What’s the matter with you?” He asked.

“I don’t get what the problem is. I mean it’s just one guy, why do we have to worry about him?” I asked.

“Maybe because we’re the ones he’s after?”

“We don’t know that. He may not know about all of us, just some. If you ask me we’re making a much bigger deal out of it than we should be. We should just sit back, see who he wants to kill and let that person and him sort it out on their own.” As I said the words aloud the more sense it made.

“Okay, please tell me you’re joking.”

“Aiden…” Ethan’s voice joined in as he came back to see what was holding us up. “Listen to her heart rate… she’s not joking.”

“Why would I joke? It’s the truth. I mean you’re both supposedly evil, according to Stiles and Isaac, so why are you helping? I sure don’t know why I am. I could be eating my lunch in peace and quiet right now.” I shrugged.

“We need to find Scott.” Aiden said.

“I’ll run ahead, you keep her moving.” Ethan said as if I wasn’t standing right in front of him, before running off.

“Okay, Anna… what’s going on?” Aiden asked as he kept pulling at my arm as I slowly walked behind him.

“Has anyone ever told you that you have great muscles?” This made him stop and spin back around to face me.

“Do you have concussion? Were you hit over the head when we weren’t looking?” he asked, confusion written all over his face.

“I mean, I know you like Lydia, everyone knows that, but I also know you’re not exactly a faithful guy.”

“Maybe you’re drunk.” He said as I stepped closer to him. I placed a hand over his heart and slowly ran it down over his chest and stopping midway down his abs. “Or possessed.” He said with a broken voice, like he was having trouble speaking. I stood up on my toes a leant in so that our faces were side by side and my lips were just brushing his ear and my breath hitting his neck. “You’re…” he swallowed “really good at that.” He finished. I let my fingers trail back up over his abs along the same path as before until they rested on his chest again.

That’s when his phone rang. As if he had been woken up he jumped back and snatched his phone out of his pocket. “Hello? Yes she’s still with me.” He said, his voice a little shaky. “A-huh, sure, we’re coming. Could you maybe send Isaac to meet us halfway?” I didn’t bother listening in on the other end of the conversation. “Thanks.” He said and hung up the phone. “We should… ah… get going. Fire alarms still going and all.” He quickly said as he grabbed my arm again and pulled me along, faster than before.

It wasn’t long until Isaac came running up to us. “What happened?” He turned on Aiden.

“I don’t know, she was fine and then she just started saying things like it wasn’t our problem and we should just let Barrow go or something, I don’t know. It was strange and completely random.” He explained quickly to Isaac.

Isaac looked at me and I looked back at him with a blank, dead stare. “Anna, are you…”

“Don’t talk to me like I’m a mental patient, Isaac. I’m fine.”

“No you’re not. Aiden leave… Now!” he snapped and the twin nodded and ran off leaving Isaac and I alone.

“You think if it’s just us alone it’s going to make a difference?”

“Yes.” He took my hands. “You need to come back, Anna. You need to care… to feel. We need you too.”

“This sounds a lot like the speech you spouted to stop me from jumping at the hotel.” I said, not amused.

“Well it worked didn’t it? And it’s the truth.

“Actually it didn’t, I still jumped.”

“Anna… I need you to stay with me. I’m not leaving until you come back.”

I’m not leaving. The words flew around my head. They brought back memories of the hospital. Of my coma.

***

“I’m not leaving until they put her in one of the ambulances… and even then I’m getting in the damn thing with her.” Isaac said from right next to me. Apparently he had been in the room the whole time.

***

“You really aren’t are you?” I smiled at Isaac as I slowly came back to reality.

He smiled back, “Never.”

I pulled him into a hug and let one tear fall down my cheek, “Promise me if the day comes when you can’t bring me back you won’t keep trying – you’ll leave… with the Nix curse… I don’t want to…”

“You won’t.” he said as he pulled out of the hug and looked me in the eye, wiping away that one escaped tear. “You won’t. I won’t let you, I promise. We’ll figure this out. We always do.”

I gave small smile, but I wasn’t at ease. 

Two chapters in one night because i felt bad for not updating in along time. Opinons?  Anna's going crazy :)

At the rate i'm going i think this book will end up being a lot longer than the others. I'm adding in a lot more extra scenes and stuff so what do you think about that in general?