Chapter 27 - Search Party

I'm“Crap.” I said as soon as I woke up. I had been asleep for maybe half an hour, jumping out of bed I quickly got changed and shook Derek awake. It was a little past 1am.

“What’s happening?” He asked as he rolled over.

“Stiles.”

“Not exactly what I wanted to wake up to.”

“No, Derek. It’s Stiles – he’s missing. Well he was missing I’m not sure if he’s still missing because I kinda left before the search party started...” he gave me a confused look. “Just get changed.”

“Why would you leave… oh you’ve got to be kidding me.” He said, realizing my Nix side had kicked in last night.

“I can’t control it, Derek! And now is not the time, so get changed.” Derek got up and quickly got changed and I walked out of the apartment quickly, but only just made it out the door before Derek grabbed my arm and stopped me. “What? What are you doing? We have to go.”

“I know, but if you weren’t you before…”

“Derek, not…”

“I only need a short answer.” He said no more. He wanted to know if I had forgiven him or not. I gave him a kiss on the cheek as a reply and then proceeded to grab his arm and drag him to my car. I jumped in the driver’s seat before Derek could and sped off down the road.

“Anna, slow down. We’re not going to be much of a help to Stiles if we die in a car crash.” My response was shifting up to fifth gear which earned me a sigh and an exaggerated Hale eye roll.

We reached Scott’s house and I charged through the front door with Derek behind me. “Scott! Isaac!” Nothing. I fumbled around in my pocket and pulled out my phone. Scott answered straight away. “Scott, it’s me. Real me, and I’m with Derek. What’s happening?”

 “They tracked the car to the hospital, we’re on our way there now, meet us.” He said before hanging up. Now was not the time to discuss Nix things, we had to find Stiles, tonight was the coldest night of the year.

I went to jump in the car, but Derek beat me to the driver’s side, apparently not trusting my driving at the moment. Couldn’t really blame him for that as I was shaking. We got to the hospital in no time.

“Where do we start?” I asked Derek, but he had apparently already begun looking. He went straight into the building and searched for a bit and then found the stair case and ran up them. “Derek! Can you please clue me in! You’re a little better at this than me.”

He still didn’t reply and just kept bounding up the stairs until we made it to the roof. Only a few seconds after we made it up, Scott and Isaac came bursting through the door. “He’s not here, not anymore.” Derek said. I threw my hands up. I had no idea how Derek knew, but I guess I had to trust him.

“I’ll go tell Stilinski.” Isaac said.

“And see if you can find Allison, she’s not answering her phone.” Scott said to him and he took off. Scott walked up to Derek and me.

“Notice how strong his scent is up here?” Derek asked and Scott nodded. I scrunched my eyebrows together, I didn’t smell anything. “It’s because his emotions were strong. Take a deep breath. What do you smell?” A/N: It’s late at night and I didn’t want to type out whatever that word was that Derek called it, sorry. So you’re going to have to deal with my dumbed down sentence. J

“Stress.” Scott stated. I rolled my eyes out of frustration.

Derek nodded. “Anxiety.”

“What was he doing up here?”