Chapter 35 - Play Time

The music thumped in my head and the lights flashed around me. I swung my hips to the beat and ran my fingers through my hair before trailing them down my neck.

“Hey, Anna! Looking good! This is a nice party by the way!” Jake said coming over to me. The Nogitsune had told me to have fun right? I threw the party at my house and basically invited everyone I had ever so much as passed on the street. You had to scream to be able to hear over the music and most people were tripping over their own feet from intoxication and it was only an hour in. I had downed about half a bottle of tequila, but still wasn’t feeling it. Getting drunk wasn’t impossible for the supernatural you just had to drink an unbelievable amount in a short period of time, but also being in a sad or depressed state helped as well as it could slow your healing. I was feeling amazing so unfortunately it wasn’t working. “Want to dance?” he yelled over the music.

I didn’t reply instead I just pulled him closer and begun dancing. Chris was right… I did love a good party, but there was more to this than having a good time and getting minors smashed off their face.

The Nogitsune had found me around lunch time today. Stiles had been freed, but was now growing weak. He had taken Lydia and was keeping her, hoping that her banshee power could tell him something, but also to stop the others from using it as well. The flies did their job and distracted everyone while the Nogitsune was gaining the upper hand. He was now wandering around in his own body… by which I mean his own Stiles body.

He said I needed to give him as much time as I could and throwing the biggest party of the year would probably draw the others here. He had taken Lydia and Stiles was dying, growing weaker although I doubt the others had caught onto what that meant yet. They had brought Stiles out of the Nogitsune this morning. I had two plans for tonight. The first involved Isaac because… I can and it will probably result in pain/heartbreak or something to that effect. The second involved the hot guy I was dancing with to show them how far gone I really was.

I was wearing a skin tight, halter neck, blood red dress. The hem finished just above my mid-thigh and had a low cut in the centre of the halter. The back hung loose in an oval shape around my waist with the halter straps hanging down my spine. I had a pair of darker red 5 inch heels to match and decided to go with gold jewellery. I had the front of my hair back and twisted it in a stylishly messy way and black eye liner and mascara with red and gold eye shadow to match. Of course ruby red lipstick was the only option.

I was dancing with Jack? Is that his name? When I sensed Scott, Isaac, Kira and Allison arrive.

"Aaaah, Jake, can we steal Anna from you for a sec?" Scott asked. Jake, right, oh well close enough.

"Not now, McCall." Jake/Jack shot back.

"Jake." Scott repeated his name in his 'I'm captain of the team voice.'

"It's fine. This won't take long." I said to him and walked off with the pack. "What's up?"

"What's up?!" Scott yelled. "Your dad just died and you're throwing a party?! The Nogitsune kidnapped Lydia and we have Stiles back, but he’s…"

“Dying. What of it?” I said. “It’s not my problem, it’s not my life.”

“You left the loft with him. Are you on his side?” Allison questioned.

“Would you lot take a load off for a change? Hang back. Have a good time. Get drunk."

"Werewolves dot get drunk." Scott stated.

"Actually we do. You just have to drink A. LOT. But it doesn’t last very long. It can be your challenge for the night, here, bottoms up." I said as I handed him my half empty bottle of tequila. "I don’t like tequila anyway. I'm gonna see if I can find some vodka. You guys have a good time. Isaac and Allison there should be a free room around somewhere if you wanted to use it. Scott and Kira I'm not sure where you guys are at, but now is as good a time as any to find out. Now excuse me, but Jacob is waiting for me."

"You aren't dancing with him until you learn his name." Isaac said.

"Jake, Jack, Jacob same thing, he's hot. Ciao." I turned around and started walking away when a felt the ground disappear bellow me. "Hey! Lahey! Put me down!"

"Sorry, Fields, but that's not going to happen." He then looked at the others. "Just let me deal with this." The others nodded as he carried me away over his shoulder.

"Deal with what? I don't need dealing with. I'm fine. I feel better than I ever have and for the record it's my life I can do what I want with it." I tried to reason as Isaac carried me upstairs to my room. When he pushed the door open we found two people making out on the bed.

"Out." He said to them.

"What the hell man? We were here first!" The guy yelled.

"Well this is her room now get out. NOW!" He used his werewolf voice and it made the two jump up and sprint out the door. Once they were gone he put me down on the bed.

"Now you're just being mean. They were just having some fun."

"What the hell is wrong with you, Anna? You were a mess after your mother died, but this is ridiculous. What are you feeling right now because I know deep down you're hurting and I know it's bad, you have no idea how much I know, but you need to let that show." He said as he crouched down in front of me.

"That's the best part. Deep down I feel nothing but freedom. I can do whatever I want now and you should be thankful. That little fly trick that helped speed up your healing… my idea." I said with a cocky grin.

"You need to stop this. You used to be able to pull yourself back using us – your friends, but your father’s death pushed you over the edge. The Sheriff said you broke down at the station, what happened after that to change you?"

I couldn't take much more of his emotional rambling. I mean honestly, it wasn’t happening to him so why did he care? However it was playing to my intended Isaac plan which I had planned on stretching out over a period of time, but he was bugging me and I didn’t think we’d be alone together this soon. After all I may as well embrace my new Nix powers. What was one of the analogies Peter used during one of our training sessions a while back? 'You’re kinda like a siren.'

Well, Anna, seduce away.

I pulled Isaac in and kissed him. He hesitated at first, but after that brief moment he begun to kiss back more and more until I found myself ripping his shirt off.

"Wait, wait, I can't. This isn't right. This isn't you." He stopped himself before he started to undo my halter strap. "You don't... You never did..."

"Like you?" I finished for him and he nodded. "How would you know? You never asked. You never did anything. You're right, Isaac, it does hurt – of course it does and I know I should show it, but I don't want to. I can't show any weakness. Not now. Not with everything that's happening. You lost both your parents, you're the only one who understands. And for the record, I do. I have since the night at the hospital."

“At the hospital?" He questioned.

"I could hear you when I was in that coma. You knew exactly what to do and I heard you talking to Peter."

"You did?"

"You've saved me more times than anyone. When I was shot by Gerard you were the first one there." I took a step closer "At the motel you stopped me from jumping, you saved me." I held his gaze and placed a hand on his bare chest. "Even before all this supernatural crap you were always there and I didn't even notice, but I do now." I trailed my hand up until it was around his neck. "Why do you think I really didn't like Allison? I can control it, Isaac, but sometimes… the grief is too much. I can’t do it alone… I need you.” There was no more than an inch between us now and that's all it took. Isaac kissed me again and lifted me up so I could wrap my legs around his waist.

Control of seduction power? Check. I thought to myself with a proud inward smile.