6.The Morning After

Authors Note: Holy shit I finally updated. I know it only took me forever. I'm sorry about that. And I honestly don't really have a good explanation for it. I just lost my desire to write I guess. I've never actually felt truly confident posting my stories and still kind of don't but there's a big part of me that wants to finish this story so hopefully I can do so without the super long waits between chapters. Hope you guys enjoy:)

Cassidy's POV-

When I woke up something didn't feel right… And I wasn’t just talking about the awful hangover. As I reluctantly opened my eyes, and they adjusted to the dim lighting in the room, I realized that I was not in my bed. Not even my own house.

I recognized my surroundings as Brian’s bedroom... But where was Brian?

I was fully clothed, so that was a good sign. However the fact that I couldn't remember much from last night, didn't settle well with me. I glanced to my side, checking the time on the clock. It was eleven o'clock. Next to the clock there was a glass of water and two Aspirins. Thank God...well thank Brian I should say.

I sat up, throwing my feet over the edge over the bed and knocked back the pills. I just hoped they would kick in soon. While standing up I stretched my arms above my head, hearing the bones crack. Man, I felt like shit.

Before going down stairs in search for Brian, I went to the bathroom in hopes of freshening up. I used the toilet, then tried to tame my hair as much as possible, and used the mouth wash that I found in the medicine cabinet. I doubt Brian would mind if I used it.

Once finished, I trudged down the steps and followed the smell of coffee, finding Brian sitting at the island in the middle of his kitchen. He looked tired, but definitely not as shitty as I did. He looked up from the magazine that he was reading, when he heard me walk in, and offered a friendly smile. "Good morning."

I mumbled the same to him, as I took a seat at the island, resting my head in my hands. I heard him chuckle lightly, before he got up from his seat. He came back moments later, placing a mug of coffee in front of me. "Those pills helping at all?"

"A little bit." I took a small sip of my coffee and placed it back down. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"Did you have fun last night?" I asked him.

Something was off about his facial expression before he smiled. Maybe it was the way he hesitated. Or maybe I was just paranoid that I said or did something stupid last night. "Yeah," he nodded. "Did you?"

"To be honest, I don't remember much." He nodded his head, but didn't say anything after that. Only tried to avoid my gaze. "Want to fill me in? Or were you as drunk as I was?"

"No, I wasn't nearly as drunk as you were." he chuckled. "You mostly just drank and danced a lot. Everyone had a good time."

"Anything else...?" I couldn't help but ask. Something just didn't seem right. He was being...awkward. There was never any awkward tension between us and I didn't like it.

"Well...we almost had sex."

And there it was. I was hoping he wouldn't say anything close to that. But what does almost mean? "What do you mean almost?"

"You were really drunk and came onto me. But I stopped It." he explained.

I came onto him? Well it was bound to happen eventually if I kept drinking around him. I’m just surprised he wasn’t teasing me about it though. Picking on each other was all we ever seemed to do in the short amount that we’ve known each other.