7.Awkward

Cassidy’s POV

When I arrived home I found Marissa sitting at the kitchen table, eating a bowl of cereal as Erica poured her a cup of coffee. She must have crashed here last night and I’m going to assume that Haylee did too.

Brian followed me into the house. I’m not really sure why but I didn’t protest. On the car ride here we had both agreed that we would keep what happened between us this morning a secret. A sly grin spread across both Marissa and Erica’s faces as Brian filed into the kitchen after me.

“Nothing happened.” I clarified before either of them could say anything, causing their smiles to fall.

“Come on! Why not?” Marissa whined.

“Because Brian knows better than to take advantage of a woman who is too drunk for her own good.” I replied, earning a toothy grin from Brian. It reminded me of a child being praised by his parents or a teacher for doing a good job. Too adorable.

“Good boy Brian.” Erica smiled sweetly at him, to which he just nodded appreciatively at her.

“But you’re both hot pieces of ass. How have you not jumped on each other yet?” Marissa cried rather dramatically.

Ignoring her rant, I turned to Erica. “Where’s Hales, and Lizzy?”

“Matt gave Haylee a ride home last night and Lizzy is probably still sleeping.” She replied before offering both me and Brian a cup of coffee which we both denied. I opted for a bottle of water instead. As I went to the fridge to grab one, I heard the front door opening. A few moments later Haylee entered the kitchen, followed by Matt which kind of surprised us all.

When Erica said that he gave Haylee a ride home, I figured she meant that Matt would just drop her off and then head to his own place. But they did seem to really start taking an interest in each other ever since that day we had lunch together.

“How was your guys’ night?” Marissa asked, always being the one to break the silence, if not Lizzy who wasn’t here at the moment.

One of the things I loved (and sometimes hated) about Haylee was that she sucked at lying and keeping things hidden. You could read her like a book. And at this very moment, it was clear that her night must have went pretty well.

“It was fine.” Matt spoke up, trying to sound neutral. Maybe if Haylee’s face didn’t give their cover away, Matt would have done just fine making it seem like nothing happened. But it was a little too late for that.

After Erica got over her initial shock, she offered Matt and Haylee some coffee, just like she had with me and Brian.

I glanced between Marissa and Haylee, just to make sure that there was no intense, awkward stare down considering Marissa has slept with Matt before. But thankfully Marissa wasn’t all that territorial when it came to guys unless she was interested in fooling around with them some more. But that didn’t seem to be the case with her and Matt. As she continued eating her cereal and drinking her coffee, it was obvious that she didn’t care about what Matt did with anyone else. Not even if it’s with one of her closest friends. Marissa’s just really easy going like that.

I glanced towards Brian, just to see his reaction. Both he and Matt had the tiniest hint of smirks on their faces as they had a silent conversation with each other. I’d imagine Brian was most likely happy for his friend getting laid. And I could only hope that Matt couldn’t tell that his friend had gotten laid also. And hopefully Brian would keep to his promise of keeping our secret just between the two of us.

I looked to the doorway upon hearing footsteps approaching the kitchen. It was no surprise seeing a groggy Lizzy walk in. But I was definitely surprised to see Zacky following after her.