16. Plus One

Cassidy’s POV-

 I took one last glance in the mirror, making sure that I looked okay. I hoped that I wasn’t over dressed in my light pink skater dress paired with pumps that matched the same color as the dress. I’d tried not to go overboard with makeup, just using neutral shades on my eyes with winged liner, and a pretty pink lipstick while my hair fell over my shoulders in loose curls.

 “Girl you look good.”

I turned at the sound of Lizzy’s voice. Her compliment was followed by a whistle from Marissa. They were both giving me a look of approval.

“Brian is going to die when he sees you.” Marissa grinned.

Just then, the doorbell was ringing downstairs making my stomach churn a little bit.

“He’s here!” Lizzy squealed and disappeared to go answer the door.

Why the hell was I feeling so nervous about this? Maybe it was because I was meeting Brian’s family for the first time and it had been a long time since I’ve ever had to be introduced to someone’s family. But it shouldn’t matter right? I mean it’s not like we’re dating, he would introduce me as a friend. But at the same time, despite what Brian had told me, this totally felt like a date even though I knew it wasn’t.

“Come on woman, speed it up.” Marissa hurried me as I grabbed my phone and purse and nervously began making my way downstairs.

Lizzy stood with Brian in the foyer, waiting on me. I could feel Brian’s eyes locked on me which for some reason intensified my nervousness as I made my way past the last few steps. He wore a simple black button up shirt and dark jeans, his hair up in its usual spikes. He of course looked handsome as always. Why did that always make me want to punch him in the face?

“She looks gorgeous. Right Brian?” Lizzy nudged him in the side with a sly grin.

“I feel overdressed.” I spoke up before he could but he shook his head at what I said.

“You look perfect.”

That caused my friends to let out little “awes” for some reason, making me roll my eyes. “Grow up.” I grumbled.

“Picture time!” Lizzy announced excitedly, pulling out her phone.

“For what?” I groaned.

“It’s your first official date, we have to take pictures.” Marissa said as if everyone should have already known that.

Brian laughed but I quickly shook my head and began heading for the door. “It’s not a date and there will be no pictures. Come on Brian.”

He was still laughing as I lead the way outside and to his car while my two ridiculous friends called after us, begging for at least one picture.

“Have I ever mentioned how much I love those girls?” Brian chuckled once we were inside his car.

Just as Brian was parking the car, my phone buzzed with a notification from Facebook. I groaned as a picture of me and Brian walking out of the door, his hand resting on the small of my back as we were leaving, appeared on my screen. It only showed our backsides but you could still tell it was us. The caption read “Cassidy and Brian going on a date. How cute?!?! J <3”

I was going to kill Lizzy when I get home.

“Something wrong?” Brian asked, noticing my distress. I simply showed him what was on my phone. He only shook his head and laughed before climbing out of the car. I pushed myself to follow after him, suddenly starting to worry about how this night would go.