23.Texting

Cassidy’s POV-

 “Who have you been texting?” Brian’s voice came out sounding rather irritated.

 “No one.” I muttered, shoving my phone back in my pocket. “So who all is going to be at this shindig?” I asked to change the subject but I was also pretty curious.

“Well the guys obviously, some family and friends. It’s just a little cook out though, nothing crazy.” He answered while turning onto the street where Matt lived.

“Saving the craziness for tour huh?” I teased.

“Maybe.” He said with his little smirk which answered my question better than his reply did.

We found a parking spot among the midst of cars that were already here for the party and headed inside. Apparently this was something normal for the band, a tradition for every time they finished an album. They would have a little celebration/ goodbye party before leaving for tour.

I was slightly upset about them leaving for the next couple of months. It felt like we had all grown so close to each other and I genuinely enjoyed the bands company. But at the same time I felt like it would be good for Brian and me to get some space from each other.

No one really knew where we stood with each and to be completely honest, neither did we.  We were obviously on speaking terms again. But things were still a little tense I guess. So, I’m hoping that with him going on tour, it’ll give us both some room to figure this shit out or at least for the tension to fizzle out so that we could go back to normal as Brian called it.

Once we walked inside, we were greeted by music and chatter from all over. There was a few familiar faces, but lots that I didn’t recognize. The guy Dan that had been at the New Year’s Eve party, which would also be the same guy that Marissa hooked up with that night, was the first one to come greeting us, followed by Jimmy who slung his arms around our shoulders and led us to the kitchen for drinks.

“Cassidy’s here!” Julia squealed as soon as she noticed us. She put her drink down, completely dissing her conversation with her sister and Johnny (who were apparently dating now) to rush over to me and wrap me up in a bone crushing hug, something that her boyfriend had a tendency to do as well.

“Yeah no need to get excited for me. It’s not like you’ve known me for years or anything like that.” Brian jokingly muttered bitterly.

“Well Cassidy is cuter and sweeter.” Julia laughed as she let go of me to hug Brian.

“Yeah, sweet my ass.” He retorted sending a playful smile my way. I rolled my eyes, but smiled back anyway. He was such a douche but somehow still so charming.

I made my way through Matt’s house, saying hello to everyone I knew before finding something to eat and somewhere to sit, which happened to be with Zack and Lizzy. They seemed happy and I was glad for that. After witnessing Lizzy mope around for nearly three weeks after her and Zack’s break up I guess you could call it, it felt good to see her back to her normal cheerful and goofy self.

The rest of the party went well, it was always fun to be around this group of people. Especially considering the entertainment brought to us by Johnny and Jimmy having one too many drinks and fucking with each other for most of the night. Brian’s dad even stopped by with his step mother Suzy and his little sister McKenna and it was nice to see the three of them again despite Brian and I’s current somewhat awkward situation.

After the party had ended and I said goodbye to everyone, I headed for Brian’s car since I caught a ride with him here. And since his house was closer than mine was, we agreed that it’d be okay if I spent the night at his house rather than have him drive past his house to my place and then back to his.