"The New Deputy" Teaser #1

(BIG NOTE BEFORE WE START)
If anyone wants to read Wolfstripe's half of the story, search up Wolfstripe's Curse by Feathercloud_Stories
Thank you for listening to my short note and enjoy the story!

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

My cold white paws stood shaking in the fresh snow of leaf-bare. I sat as still as possible as the snow gripped my paws and tail. A freezing shiver went up my spine as the coldness reached my belly. I was in the clearing of where the gatherings were held. The cats of Iceclan and Desertclan sat around me. A low chatter was drifting around, and the full moon looked dauntingly down on us. I soon saw Stormstar; the leader of Iceclan leap into the rock in the middle of the clearing next to my leader Thornstar. And behind Stormstar I was shocked to see... Wolfstripe. I didn't know if I could bare it.
I saw Wolfstripe then glance in my direction his purple eyes sparking with the adorable good humour I always saw in them. But then he looked away his ears going pink with embarrassment. He looked nervous, standing below the tree stump, licking his chest fur. But he kept glancing at me... did he want something? My ears grew hotter. Wolfstripe then started padding over, slowly so no one would notice.
"Hey!" Wolfstripe meowed as he came closer. And then straightening a patch of fur on his head.
"Hi Wolfstripe... I see your... deputy now..." I choked out the words as though the were thorns scratching my throat.
"Yeah..." Wolfstripe meowed, his purple eyes locking with mine, amber.
But then he sadly looked away. I wondered if he felt the same way as I did? Or was it just me putting us both in trouble... and doing this against the warrior code. I felt a sad pang of pain as I understood that we might never see each other again... and that my love for him could hurt us both...