Dewkit And Darkkit #47

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

My stomach was boiling in pain as I waited. I thought I was gonna burst. I yowled in pain trying to muffle it so Wolfstripe wouldn't worry.

"Hey" Wolfstripe smiled as he stuck his head inside throwing a rabbit beside me.

"Hi..." I mustered a meow.

"You okay?" He asked nervously.

"Y-Yeah" I mewed quickly although the pain was overwhelming.

He walked over to me and crouched down beside me.

"Is it hurting?" He asked awkwardly.

"Yeah..." I admitted.

"More than normal?" He asked.

"Yeah..." I replied, not really wanting help.

"Try to eat at least..." Wolfstripe meowed pushing the rabbit closer to me.

"O-Okay..." I mewed.

I suddenly yowled in pain as another shot of pain ran through me.

Holy Spiritclan! They're coming" Wolfstripe yowled like a kit and hurried outside darting back in with a stick.

"Here, I'm sure you know but when the pain comes bite down on it really hard" He meowed, pushing the uncomfortable stick into my jaws..

"I know, I know..." I panted, trying to relax.

I bit hard down on the stick as more pain shot through me, I just tried to imagine what my kits would look like and how many I would have.

Some minutes later a bundle of light brown fur tumbled onto the ground next to me.

"A she-kit!" I heard Wolfstripe squeal.

He licked the she-kit gently a few times then pushed her towards me.

Next another bundle landed next to me, like its sister but a dark brown tabby.

Wolfstripe licked it gently and purred,

"A tom"

He gently pushed the tom next to me too.

I licked them both with my rough tongue.

"Their so beautiful" Wolfstripe purred, standing back to look at the kits.

The tang of blood was in the air as I rasped,

"Can we name the tom Dewkit?"

"We can name them whatever you want" He purred lying down next to me and the two kits, his soft fur rubbing against mine.

"You name the she-kit..." I rasped quietly.

"Darkkit..." He mewed softly after thinking.

"Darkkit she is then..." I managed a purr, licking the two kits gently and guiding them to my belly for the milk.

My love for the kits and Wolfstripe was unbelievable, and I realized now that, I could never let them go...