Sleeping Beauty #27

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

The wind was plastering my ginger pelt to my skin as I sprinted down the huge mountain.
I finally felt as free as an eagle at last, without all the stress of looking after other cats! I purred in joy as I leaped from rock to rock feeling as fast as a rabbit, or faster.
I reached the edge of the border and looked around seeing a huge pile of snow fox lengths away from me.
Is that where... I thought fear gripping my body I could of died... if it wasn't for Wolfstripe... I don't know what would have happened...
I leaped carefully across the small river that separated the boundaries and once again felt soft sandy grass underneath my cold paws.
"Thats better... no more cold feet!" I purred out loud and carried on to Desertclan camp.
"Mapleleaf! Its really you! I thought you had died!" A voice purred with so much joy as I entered through the gorse bushes.
"Rosecloud!" I purred as I saw the cat who had called my name.
Rosecloud raced up to me and wrapped her tail around mine lovingly. We were one of the closest sisters in the camp, because most kin seemed to separate after apprenticeship.
"I missed you Mapleleaf! It's been moon's!" Rosecloud purred.
"Moons!" I screeched making every cat stare at me. My ears flushed pink with embarrassment as all the cats stared at me.
"Yeah! Didn't you know!" Rosecloud questioned.
"N-No!!!" I yelled quietly.
"Oh! Well yeah, you've been out for at least a moon... maybe two?" Rosecloud meowed as if it wasn't a big deal at all.
"I need to rest..." I hissed stomping off to my den.
A moon!!! Two moons!!! What! I thought.
I squeezed into the log which was my home and lay in my moss bed by a small puddle which above it always dripped water into a little stone pool that held the puddle.
I closed my tired eyes and tried to get to sleep, it took sometime but eventually I feel asleep.