Crystalstone #12

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

I was almost there and the sun was setting I saw the cave like figure in front of me it was covered with spots of snow and spots of green grass.

"So... that's what it looks like..." I mewed.

I reached the entrance of the cave and slowly put one paw in front of the other trying to find the sacred Crystalstone. It was too dark to see but I felt my long whiskers touch the sides. There was small bright crystals covering the walls. And after some time a strong glow erupted from the darkness.

"The... Crystalstone... It's... beautiful!" I purred as I reached the magical circular glowing stone, around the stone there was a shinning pool of water.

I lay down beside the Crystalstone as Dewpool had told me in his story and put my nose on the side of it. The Crystalstone was cold but I didn't jerk back I kept my nose there and closed my eyes like Dewpool said in his story. Dewpool had said to not open my eyes but I had lay there for sometime and I was curious if anything had changed so slowly I opened my eyes ready for the sharp glare of the Crystalstone but instead I found myself laying in the middle of the border of Iceclan and Desertclan.

"Huh?" I meowed.

"Welcome Maplepaw" I heard a familiar voice mew. I turned around to see my beloved mentor Dewpool standing there his coat shining even more beautifully than the times I had seen it before.

"Dewpool!!" I purred with delight, but I couldn't move my feet were rooted to the ground when I tried to get up and run over to him.

"I-I can't move!" I mewed panicking.

"Shh Maplepaw you're fine" he meowed reassuringly.

I took a few deep breaths and focused to hear what Dewpool had to say.

"Yes I know I wasn't alive for your actual ceremony but here it is now" Dewpool mewed softly, "I Dewpool, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice.She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her Clan for many moons. Maplepaw, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?

"I do" I mewed excitement welling up inside me.

"Then by the powers of Spiritclan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Maplepaw, from this moment you will be known as Mapleleaf. Spiritclan honors your caring to other cats, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of Desertclan.

Dewpool rested his muzzle on my head and I respectfully licked his shoulder.

"May Spiritclan guide you Mapleleaf" Dewpool meowed.

"No!! Dewpool!! I can't do this on my own!! I need you!!!" I screeched, but Dewpool had already vanished.

I closed my eyes and when I opened then I was back at then Crystalstone and the moon was going down.