The Ceremony #7

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

The wind blew and I was back at the border where Iceclan & Desertclan meet, my hackles were raised like an enemy was in front of me I smelled the fear scent again & I heard the yowls of terror. I looked around for Rosepaw but she was nowhere in sight. Fog suddenly surrounded me blurring my vision. I felt scared and stressed my instinct was to help but I couldn't see anyone to help! It was all fog!

"Help! Maplepaw! I need you!" screamed a dozen cats.

"I can't see you? W-Where are you?" I screamed above the yowling and the wind.

"Help us!!!" They screamed again.

I then woke up to the sun setting & my clan leader in the middle of the camp clearing. With my heart beating fast I got up and trudged over to the clearing to see Rosepaw sitting proudly next to Thornstar

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come to the ceremony of Rosepaw, Sandpaw, Featherpaw and Blackpaw" Thornstar mewed.

I saw my mother Fernfeather and my father Ashtail looking proudly at Rosepaw.

Blackpaw looked at me nervously as if Starclan had sent me something important to tell her that she couldn't be a warrior but then looked at Thornstar and back at her. Her eyes then started glittering with excitement.

"Rosepaw" Thornstar mewed "I Thornstar leader of Desertclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn. Rosepaw do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do" Rosepaw meowed excitedly.

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name Rosepaw from this moment on you will be known as Rosecloud. Starclan honors your dedication towards the clan, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Desertclan" Thornstar meowed proudly "You and the others will sit vigil tonight"

Thornstar lowered his chin and placed it on Roseclouds head. In  return Rosecloud licked Thornstar on the shoulder with gratitude.

"Rosecloud!!! Rosecloud!!!" I cheered being the first one to say her new warrior name.

Thornstar then did Sandpaw, Blackpaw & Featherpaw who turned out to be Sandpelt, Blackpetal & Feathersong.

Rosecloud looked at me her blue eyes filled with pride and joy. I felt my eyes welling up with happiness for Rosecloud but the happiness didn't last too long.