The Prophecy #5

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

I lay sadly on the den floor... I had lost a cat... I was a medicine cat...

That poor apprentice Wolfpaw I feel really bad for him I thought.

I thought about his dark coat and his purple eyes. I just wished I had helped him more. Dewpool lay in his moss bed. He looked really cute lying there his chest rising and falling slowly. His well groomed pelt covered him like a blanket of darkness. His whiskers twitching slightly as though he was dreaming of catching mice.

Am I seriously falling for my mentor?! Stupid stupid Maplepaw!! Your a medicine cat and so is he!! You can't have a mate nor kits!! I thought sadly my tail drooping.

I took one final glance at the sleeping medicine cat then stalked out of the den, squeezing through the small gap in the hollow log.

It was around sun high and most cats were napping. I got up, felling my belly growl, I realized how hungry I was and went to get some food from the pile of fresh-kill. I couldn't get the brown tom out of my mind. I sat down and started eating a woodpecker. Rosepaw my sister trotted over with a mouse in her jaws.

"Hey Maplepaw! Where have you been all day?" Rosepaw asked dropping the mouse at her paws.

"Oh just collecting herbs" I lied. A knot tied in my stomach as I said the awful words... I didn't know if I could tell her about the apprentice Wolfpaw.

"Oh right! Hows being a medicine cats apprentice treating you?" Rosepaw mewed.

"Oh it's good!" I meowed trying to stay focused on what my kin was saying but the Iceclan apprentice kept flashing into my mind.

"Hey... you seem distracted...." Rosepaw mewed quietly.

"I'm fine!" I hissed suddenly, not wanting her to know about Wolfpaw so I stormed of to the medicine cat den for a nights sleep... but for sometime, I couldn't sleep.

I felt the snow on my paws and fear scent in the air, I smelled Iceclan & Desertclan, I heard yowls of fear. Then I saw Wolfpaw in the middle of it. Attacking Rosepaw. His face had no emotion and his eyes... his eyes were an icy blue... they weren't that before? Were they? He pinned her easily to the snowy ground and lifted an unsheathed paw. I tried so hard to move... I wanted to run to Rosepaw and knock some sense into Wolfpaw... but I couldn't... I watched as her limp body fell to the snowy ground with a sickening... thud.