The Journey To The Crystal Caverns #11

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

My eyes poured tears of sorrow onto the sandy ground. The sand was wet from my tears as I finally decided I would leave.

"Spiritclan will now have the best medicine cat they have ever seen" I murmured.

I left some time after and chewed on the herbs. Then I said goodbye to Rosecloud and left the camp.

When I got up to Iceclan's border I was nervous in case any Iceclan cats saw me I slowly stepped onto the tree trunk that fell across both borders and stepped carefully across it. I pounced on to the snowy ground on the other side and felt my paws go into the snow for the first time.

"When I next stand on sand I will not be known as Maplepaw" I whispered to myself.

I trudged through the soft snow seeing tall trees sometimes with snow covered leaves I saw a creature peep out of a hole, the creature was white and fluffy. It didn't smell like a cat and it looked a little like a fox so I scampered away from it.

Then I smelled an Iceclan patrol.

"Oh no!" I hissed under my breath. When I saw three cats creeping near. Unfortunately I was upwind so my scent wouldn't be covered. One of them lifted their head up and started stalking near my hiding spot.

The cat got closer and when the she-cat saw me she screeched "Desertclan!!!"

The other two cats came racing over and looked down at my shaking body. I realised one of the cats was.... Wolfpaw.... The evil Iceclan cat who killed.... Dewpool.

"What are you doing here?" A ginger tabby she-cat hissed at me.

"Going to the Crystal Caverns... Because one of your clanmates killed Dewpool!" I hissed staring at Wolfpaw with all the hatred of Starclan.

"Let her go..." Wolfpaw his teeth gritted but surprisingly calm.

"What but Wolfstripe?" The she-cat meowed.

"Just let her..." Wolfpaw snapped staring at me looking guilty.

I then realised that Wolfpaw had become a warrior and was now Wolfstripe.

"Thank you Wolfstripe..." I hissed trying to sound emotionless, though I was still angry at the brown tom.

"May Dewpool rot in the dark forest" Wolfstripe hissed at the last moment.

The other brown tom smirked but tried to hide it with a cough.

"You flea-bag!!" I hissed tears running from my amber eyes.

I turned away but before I left the she-cat spat in my face.

They slowly stalked away and I felt the tears pouring from my eyes.

"Don't let them get to you my love" I heard a soothing voice whisper in my ear.

"Dewpool?!" I mewed quietly.

"Iḿ always here" Dewpool mewed.

"Wait!!! I need to see you!!!" I screeched not caring if any cat heard me and thought I was crazy.

But I heard nothing in return, so I kept trekking to the Crystal Caverns.