The Argument #6

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

"Wolfpaw!" I screeched as I twisted and turned in my mossy bedding.

"Maplepaw!" Dewpool shook me from the nightmare. "Are you okay?! What was it?! Was it a prophecy?!" Dewpool got paranoid about prophecies.

"Wolfpaw!" I screeched, "R-Rosepaw!"

I bolted out of the den, into the apprentice den to find Rosepaw fast asleep, in the den there was four apprentices all curled up in tight fluffy balls. The den was made out of thick brambles to stop any rain or snow falling in.

"Phew..." I mewed quietly trying not to wake her.

In the apprentice den there was Sandpaw a tom with a sandy pelt and blue eyes. Featherpaw a black and white she-cat with blue eyes, and lastly there was Blackpaw a beautiful black she-cat with a white muzzle and white paws with brown eyes. And of course Rosepaw as well. I left with my heart pounding in my chest under my ginger fur. I slowly stalked across the clearing with all the cats of Desertclan staring at me. I ran into the medicine cat den, laying down in my nest my head in my paws.

"Maplepaw?" Dewpool mewed softly.

"Go away" I murmured although all I wanted was for him to cuddle up next to me and lick my fur in comfort.

"Maplepaw... did you have a bad dream?" Dewpool meowed in a gentle tone.

"Mmhm..." I mewed tears welling in my eyes, which I wiped quickly away.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" Dewpool meowed softly.

"No" I hissed to Dewpool my paws trying to cover my head, "I don't have to tell you everything!" Though I regretted the words as soon as the spilled from my mouth.

His eyes changed from soft to frustrated.

"Maplepaw! It could be a prophecy! That's why I want to know! It could be dangerous!" Dewpool hissed back, though his words slightly confused me.

"No! I-It can't be a prophecy!! I won't let it be!!!" I screeched and ran out of the den, tears in my eyes, I blinked as I ran...

I kept running out the camp... I didn't know where my paws were taking me but I followed on... and on... and on until I got to the border of where Desertclan and Iceclan are parted.

"Why here?" I hissed aloud, looking up to the sky as though Spiritclan would send me something... but there was no stars... just a cloudy day.

I looked out at the snow on the other side of the river and the tall trees with white leaves.

Iceclan is beautiful I thought.

"Hello?" I mewed as I thought I heard something, I pricked my ears to where the thick bush was.

The rustling got louder and then Rosepaw came out.

"R-Rosepaw!!" I meowed with joy and ran to her side.

"Maplepaw!" Hey didn't know you would be here? Are you collecting herbs?" Rosepaw questioned.

"Uh... yeah" I meowed lying again... the words stuck like honey to my throat.

"Cool! Me, Silkfur my mentor as you know and Thornstar are on patrol!! He says I'm going to be a warrior!" Rosepaw mewed happily.

"Nice Rosepaw!" I said trying not to sound to scornful.

"Wanna come?" Rosepaw mewed.

"Sorry I can't I got to find these herbs..." I meowed lying again... I hated lying but it was the only way to keep my... friendship...? With the Iceclan tom a secret.

"Okay see you later Maplepaw! Oh and Thornstar says that my warrior ceremony is at sunset!" Rosepaw mewed joyfully.

"Okay! I promise I will be there!" I answered watching her leave back into the thick undergrowth.

As I trotted back to camp I looked around at the few trees that scattered the landscape and the tons of sand that piled the ground. Cacti was as far as a cat's eye could see on Desertclan's side of the territory, they were very dangerous if you didn't know where you were going. I thought if I came back to the medicine den too early Dewpool would still pester me about the dream I had so I snuck into camp and went to find a shady spot to rest. I didn't feel like seeing Dewpool again after what happened, even though I usually loved his presence at all times. I lay down under a small tree in the cool sand and closed my sleepy eyes and tried to calm my worried mind. Though of course... that didn't help.