It's Time... -THE LAST CHAPTER- #48

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

Dewkit squeaked as I licked him a few hours later.

"Shhh darling..." I mewed.

"He's going to be such a chatterbox!" Wolfstripe chuckled watching our son.

"I think I need to go to highstones now" Wolfstripe mewed, pushing Darkit, who was on his paw, off. She squealed in annoyance.

"Okay..." I sighed, not wanting him to go at all.

"Hey I'll be fine" Wolfstripe mewed, licking the top of my head.

He nuzzled both the kits, took a deep breath and left the den.

I love you Wolfstripe... I wanted to yowl.

I licked the two curious kits, who rolled around the nest as I was waiting for Wolfstripe to return, but after sometime I fell into a deep sleep.

I awoke to see Wolfstripe enter the den and I mewed sleepily,

"What are you doing in Desertclan?"

"Look at your kits" He chuckled coming to sit down next to me.

I looked down and saw two healthy kits squirming next to me.

"Oh yeah..." I purred, waking up fully and licking the two precious bundles of fur "I love them Wolf...star"

He purred with amusement.

"Dewkit!" Wolfstar squealed, I looked at where he was staring and saw that Dewkit was opening his eyes. They were startling green like ivy.

"Dewkit!" You've opened your eyes!" I purred happily admiring his pretty eyes.

Wolfstar nuzzled Dewkit and he squealed happily.

"Dada! Moma!" I heard a cute voice mew.

I looked below me and saw that Darkkit had mewed.

"Wow they're such fast learners" Wolfstar breathed.

A few weeks later we were still living in the den. Wolfstar was playing happily outside with the kits.

He then padded up to me and mewed softly,

"It's time..."

I sighed sadly knowing that I had to let the kits go and live in Iceclan.

"I know..." I mewed, tears welling in my eyes.

"Where are we going?" asked Darkkit her amber eyes shining.

"We're going home..." Wolfstar mewed.

Dewkit looked up at Wolfstar his green eyes shining.

"I heard when I was a kit, that saying hello was better than saying goodbye" Wolfstar mewed looking at me.

"Hello Mapleleaf" Wolfstar mewed sadly ushering the kits onto his back.

"Hello Wolfstar... Hello kits..." I mewed tears welling in my sad eyes.

Wolfstar came over to me and licked me.

"I love you Mapleleaf, I will always love you. I hope I was as good as Dewpool" He mewed, slowly stalking away back to his camp with my kits on his back. Tears poured down my face.

"You were..." I whispered.