The Curse #40

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

"When I was a kit I was the tiny one, all the others teased me. So one night a Spiritclan cat visited me in my dreams and talked about leadership and amazing moves. He promised me he would train me if I promised I'd protect my friends above anything else. Not seeing the harm in this I accepted and he is the reason I'm such a good fighter."

Wolfstripe paused for a moment, but then continued sadly,

"But he took the promise and turned it into a curse, whenever my friends are in danger ... he overcomes me. That's why I killed Dewpool. That's why I killed Blueripple. Oh Spiritclan what have I done!" He yowled.

I looked at him my eyes filling with sadness for him.

"It's not your fault..." I purred licking his nose gently.

"But I don't want your blood to be on my paws" He meowed after sometime.

I looked at him, wondering if ever the curse would do something that terrible.

"Don't worry..." I mewed, not knowing what else to say.

He looked at the branch below him.

Suddenly I saw Wolfstripe cringe and slash at his eyes. He closed them then reopened them, but his eyes were a icy blue... fear engulfed me as his eyes changed suddenly.

"Wolfstripe?" I mewed quietly my eyes full of fear, I wanted him to go back to how he was... he was scaring me.

"I see my apprentice has rubbed off on you" snarled a deep voice coming out of Wolfstripe's body.

I froze my eyes wide and scared.

"Wolfstripe... I know that's not you..." I choked, my legs starting to shake.

"Watch your back little medic, I have eyes everywhere" The deep voice growled.