The Dream #17

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

Darkness was all around me except for a pair of bright blue eyes full of sadness and sorrow.
"Hello?" I meowed nervously talking a small step forward towards the bright blue eyes that stared unblinking at me.
"Mapleleaf I missed your sweet scent!" A familiar voice purred affectionately, and the eyes blinked with love and affection.
"Is... that... Dewpool!!!" I purred full of joy seeing my old mentor.
"Of course it's me silly!" He purred his eyes glimmering with love.
I couldn't see him because he was a back cat, but I could smell his sweet scent and see his sea blue eyes.
I looked at him, but for some reason I didn't feel the love that I felt for him before... I felt as if something inside me was holding me back from cuddling up next to him.
"What's wrong?" Dewpool mewed worriedly seeing my face change.
"Oh... It's nothing..." I mewed looking down at my white paws that stood out in the darkness.
"You love someone else..." He meowed his eyes full with sadness.
"No! Dewpool... I-I... love you" I mewed softly looking into the toms blue eyes.
"I love you too Mapleleaf, but I know I can never be with you... and I have to accept that... you have to move on without me" He mewed sadness once again filling his blue eyes.
"I know..." I mewed softly.
For some reason I didn't love Dewpool the way I used to though, my heart felt like it wanted someone else... but who?
"I will see you again... I hope" Dewpool meowed, his eyes drifting down to his black paws.
"But what if I don't see you again!!" I hissed but Dewpool was already fading.
"Dewpool!!!!" I screeched.
Though he had gone... and I was left in the darkness... all alone...