Traveling #46

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

In the morning I woke excited, and prepared the herbs that we might of needed.

Watermint, Traveling herbs, Raspberry leaves, Ragwort leaves, Parsley, Marigold, Lavender, Goosegrass, Elder leaves... I think that should be enough... I thought, and took the herbs in a beech leaf.

"I wish you good traveling..." Blackpetal mewed as I left "Don't worry I will look after Rosecloud and Feathersong"

"Thanks Blackpetal!! Bye!" I mewed and left the camp. I trotted slowly, because of my stomach, over to the clearing. When Wolfstripe saw me he raced over and helped me with the herbs.

"C'mon. I know the perfect place for you to rest" Wolfstripe mewed comfortingly.

"Thanks" I puffed.

We walked for a bit longer and my paws were getting very tired from holding my body weight and some kits.

Wolfstripe finally showed me an old fox den and meowed,

"I've already made a nest lie down" ushering me into the den.

"When the kits are coming give me a yowl ... don't worry I've watched before" he meowed awkwardly.

I giggled at Wolfstripes stalkerish sentence, and his ears went pink.

"Don't worry! I'm a medicine cat! I can look after myself" I mewed back.

He nodded in reply.

"Okay I need to distract myself, i'm going hunting"

"I wanna come!" I yowled after him.

He looked at me surprised but he kept his mouth shut.

"I. Want. To. Come." I repeated.

He rolled his eyes and then muttered,

"Fine fine fine"

"Yay!" I mewed trying to get up but stumbling in the process.

"Ugh... maybe not actually" I mewed flopping down, feeling a huge shot of pain bolt up my body though I clenched my mouth close.

"Don't worry my love" He purred, then went out of the den to go hunting.