Deputys And Leaders #45

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)

I went into my den and sorted some traveling herbs into a beech leaf for me and Wolfstripe, because we were going to his nine live ceremony together.

Then lay down in my moss bed until sunset when the gathering was held.

I slowly stepped carefully from paw to paw on the dusty grass, carefully being ware of my swollen stomach. I stepped into the clearing seeing Wolfstripe on the tree stump with Thornstar. He saw me and gave me an emotionless nod.

"May the gathering begin" yowled Thornstar, stepping back so that Wolfstripe could step forward.

"It was great shock to all when my father passed away this morning, but as deputy of Iceclan I'm honored to become their leader. I wish my father a safe journey but we must move on" Wolfstripe meowed boldly.

"In the morning I will be traveling to highstones but I will be away a little longer due to ... changes, and Frecklefur as my new deputy you will be in charge" Wolfstripe meowed glancing at me while amusement flooded my body.

"Frecklefur! Frecklefur!" The cats of Iceclan howled.

"May Spiritclan light your path" Wolfstripe finished.

As Thornstar started speaking Wolfstripe snuck down to me.

"How are you feeling?" He mewed sweetly, nuzzling my stomach.

"Okay..." I meowed softly, the pains in my stomach starting to hurt more.

As Thornstar finished his talk, Wolfstripe whispered,

"Meet me here tomorrow" and bounced away with his clan hot on his paws.