The Dark Forest #28

(MAPLELEAF'S POV)
I opened my amber eyes to see darkness around me. Dark trees surrounding me. The grass looking stained with blood.
Maybe it's just the lighting? I hoped.
I then heard some mewes coming from behind some brown bushes. I crept up and peeped through the bushes. To my surprise I saw... Wolfstripe, with some other cat I had never seen before.
I was to far away to hear anything but I saw that the other cat was training Wolfstripe.
Is this the dark forest that the elders told us in stories when we were kits? I thought.
I watched carefully as the cat trained Wolfstripe with unsheathed claws.
Just then two other cats came in a white she-cat with orange eyes and a tom with a velvet coloured coat and a white face.
They suddenly both leaped at Wolfstripe with unsheathed claws. I saw that the two cats were very ghostly like. I looked again and saw the cat that was instructing them was oddly ghostly like too.
I purred quietly admiring at the handsome brown warrior as he fought the other two cats.
Then they stopped and seemed to talk.
What will happen if I go out there? I thought curiously though I thought better.
I saw the ginger tom who seemed to be mentoring them stand up looking ready for a fight. The other two cats looked ready as well. There not all going after Wolfstripe, are they!? He barely lasted two of them. How can he last their mentor?! I thought worriedly.
He seemed tired and I saw his legs wobbling unsteadily. I nearly ran out there to help him in instinct but forced myself to sit still. The ginger tom hissed something to Wolfstripe and he dipped his head in response. Suddenly all at once the cats pounced at Wolfstripe like they were pouncing on prey in the undergrowth. Wolfstripe leaped upwards kicking the white she-cat away, then dodging a sharp blow from the ginger tom and slashing furiously at the reddish tom's face. Strangely his paws didn't seem to meet the toms face and his paws seemed to go through him. I heard him yowl with fury as the white she-cat tripped him up. My instincts were burning inside me forcing me to take a step forward out of the itchy bramble bush. The branches were poking me in my ribs as I tried to move silently into a more comfortable position. I lay down on all four paws and stared curiously at the four cats. The ginger tom was backing up looking ready to pounce. I wanted to yell at him to warn him... but no words came out. The other two cats were backing up too. Suddenly the ginger cat ran at him, and Wolfstripe spun around looking as weak and frail as ever as the ginger cat pounced. Then his body crumbled to the ground.
"WOLFSTRIPE!!!" I screeched as everything went back to my den.