Hawk Moth (version 1.)

Marinette's point of view

We found it. We found Hawk Moth's lare, but at what cost? It was a cost to great, much too great...

"Fix it!" I sob, his cold lifeless body lays in front of me.

"I-I can't" Hawk Moth stutters, slowly walking towards us, me. It's just me. He's not here anymore. "You're the one who fixes everything once the fights over, so... fight me. Defeated me and bring him back."

I drop to my knees, a sick feeling curdling in the pit of my stomach. "Please-see, I'm begging. I'll give you my Miraculous too- fix it." I swallow hard. "Please." My voice cracks.

"I can't," Hawk Moth says. I look up and see him run one hand over the hood of his suit, jerking the other in a motion signaling me to get up. "I'm not saying it to spite you, that's my son. I literally can't fix it, I would if I could. This is beyond our power, I'm sorry."

I stare at him in numb disbelief. Hawk Moth is Chat Noir's father. Suddenly Chat's ring beeps for the last time and Chat's suit disappears, leaving a badly bruised and beaten Adrien Agrestè. The cuts on his body coated in blood. My breath shakes as I crawl over to him. I cradle his head in my arms and cry. Time seems to stand still for a moment and I look up to see Hawk Moth bending down and reaching for him.

"No! Don't you touch him!" I scream. I swat his hand away and jump up. "It's your fault!" I punch Hawk Moth and he stumbles backwards. "You killed your own son!" I run to jump and kick him and he slams into the wall. "How could you do that?" I punch him again and his head slams against the wall. "He cried all the time because of you!" I hit him again, this time a bit lighter as my vision was blurred with tears. "I acted like I couldn't see it, but I did and he never knew!" I back away and Hawk Moth stumbles forward.

"I deserve nothing less than this for what I di-" His face turns to one of shock as he looks at me.

"Shut up! He deserved better than you!" I run towards him and punch him again. The blood soaked man stumbles backwards towards the broken window and I'm about to hit him again when I hear a faint voice.

"Mari..." The voice is Adrien's and is followed by a faint chocking noise. "Don't..." He wheezes.

"A-Adrien?" I stop, all anger suddenly replaced with a mixture of fear and hope.

"Son..." I turn to Hawk Moth, take his miraculous and run to Adrien's side.

"Adrien, can you hear me?"

"Y-yes" Adrien's voice sounds pained.

"I'm going to get you to a hospital now." I lay Plagg on Adrien's stomach and pick him up. I hurry to the hospital and take him to the emergency ward.

"What happened here?" A nurse asks as she runs up to us with a gurney.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you," the nurse looks at me in confusion, "but it happened during an akuma attack. I'm unsure of what injuries he suffered myself."

"We'll do our best." And with that a flock of doctors surrounded Adrien and he was wheeled away.

_________later that day________
Third person

Ladybug helped the police arrest Mr. Agrestè and afterward Marinette went to the hospital to check on Adrien, who was now in a coma.

"Miss, do you happen to know of any living family who we could contact for this boy?" A nurse asks Marinette.

"I don't think so. His father was just arrested, he was Hawk Moth you see. His mother... I don't know much of her, no body does." Marinette says, looking sadly at Adrien.

"Do you know her name?" The nurse asks quietly.

"I believe it's Angeline Agrestè." Marinette looks up at the nurse with pain filled eyes.

"I'll be back soon." The nurse say and she walks out. "Well we don't have a death certificate for a Angeline Agrestè." The nurse says when she comes back in and Marinette looks at her with wide eyes.