A look at my new book (Chasing The Vigilante)

In this reality, Marinette is a reporter who is tasked with the job of writing a story about the new vigilante in Paris, Chat Noir. Little does she know that her ex crush now best friend Adrien Agrestè is her new subject of interest and possibly new crush. There is no Ladybug and Tikki and Plagg are cats.

FYI- It's early fall in the beginning and Mari & Adrien are about 23-24. There is no superpowers and Kwamis are pets. This is an exert from a new book I'm working on. It should be out soon.

Marinette's point of view

"Chat Noir." The chief of police says as he drops a two inch thick folder on the desk in front of where I'm sitting at the station. "He's called the final judge of justice and leave a pink sticky note on each of the criminals he catches that says their crime. This is everything we have on him, it's mostly pictures of his work and I few blurry images of him."

"Thank you Mr. Raincomprix. May I take this file with me?"

"Sure, I'll tell you if there are any new developments."

There's a crash from the back of the station and we both turn to see what happened.

"Sorry! Sorry, sorry I didn't see the cord." Says a scattered blond as he bends down to pick up some books he knocked down.

"No flipping way. Adrien Agrestè, what are you doing here?" I say smiling at the man.

"Oh, hi Marinette. How are you?" He says standing up and rubbing his neck and start walking towards me.

"Good, I'm a reporter now. So are you a cop?" I ask sweetly.

"Ha! He wishes. He's only a trainee." Laughs Chief Raincomprix and Adrien's face turns red.

"I gave up modeling about two years ago when dad retired. So for right now I'm a trainee here at the police department." He laughs a bit and smiles at me. "So what brings you here?"

"I'm doing a piece on a vigilante." Adrien gives me an interested look, "Chat Noir. I gotta say, it's... interesting." I look at my watch and remember my meeting that's in 2 hours. "Well I have to go. I have a meeting." I say abruptly.

"Oh ya, Of course. Well it was nice seeing you Marinette." I shoot him a smile as I leave, folder in hand.

The meeting was long and boring. It was basically just a check to see what everyone had for their articles and it took a while.

When I left the office it was already dark and I had about 30 blocks to get home.

About half way through my walk I see a black figure jump from one roof to the next. I turn quickly to look for the figure, but don't see them.

Could it be? Honestly, who else besides Chat Noir would be running on the roof tops? Batman? I begin walking again but see the figure run ahead of me and a realize that it is Chat Noir, so I dash after him.

If I can be the first one to actually get a good picture of him I'll be legendary! Chat Noir jumps down into an ally and I pause for a second until I dash towards where he was. When I turn into the ally I yell, "Gotch- Huh? Where did he go?" The ally was empty, except for a neon pink sticky note on the wall.

I walk over and take a picture before grabbing the note.

Meet me in here in purrecisely 3 days and maybe I'll show myself to you. Chat Noir

At the end of his name, Chat Noir had put a paw print and a heart. God this guy is cocky. He even made a pun! Plus, why is the sticky note always pink? Why choose pink and not a more masculine color?

     "I may like cats, but this is ridiculous! He's ridiculous! I've been tasked with finding a crazy person! I mean if you want to stop crime then be a cop!" I throw my hands in the air out of exasperation and start home again. "What's this guy's damage? Is he like, unable to be a cop and so he became a vigilante? Or does he have a batman kinda story? Maybe he's just Hawkeye only without the cool skill."

I soon reach home and go to bed.