A beautiful picture

"Hey Adrien." Nathaniel said as he sat now next the the boy with tear stained cheeks. "I know these past few months have been really hard for you, so I thought that maybe I could, I don't know, I could make you a painting for you." Nathaniel said in his normal, sweet voice.

"Thanks Nathaniel, but I'm fine. It'll just take some time." Adrien said, a quiver in his voice.

His fists were balled in his lap as he looked toward the night sky, tear lines visible on his soft face. It's obvious that he's stressed. He is slowly losing his looks and there are bags under his eyes.

One month, two weeks, eight days and 13 hours since the final battle. One month, one week, six days and four hours since the burial and now this. Could nobody just leave him alone? That was all he wanted was to be alone. No, all he wanted was to see Marinette again. God, why couldn't he think of something else?

"I know you had your entire life together planned out. Maybe I could make a painting of that, if you'll let me that is." Nathaniel wasn't trying to sympathize, he felt the pain too. He loved Marinette too, he just knew that she belonged with Adrien.

Nathaniel put his hand on Adrien's shoulder and gave a friendly smile. Adrien returned the smile and nodded.

Nathaniel grabbed his bag and pulled out a sketch pad and pencil.

"So tell me about what your dream was. Tell me what you wanted with her."

"I wanted a Birmingham. A little house on the edge of town, a porch all the way around. Marinette sitting there on a front yard swing, cotton dress in early spring."

"And just where in this picture would you like to be?"

"If there's anyway you can, could you put me back into her arms again?"

"I can work a little bit of magic to make that happen." Nathaniel said with a calm smile, tucking a lose strand of hair behind his ear.

Seeing this instantly made Adrien think of the small hair clip of Marinette's that he found on their, well his now, dresser.

Standing up, he pulled the hair piece from his pocket and held it out to Nathaniel.

"Here. She'd want you to have it." He mumbled, the shake returning to his voice.

Nathaniel looked at him in shock, both boys tearing up now as they remembered the girl that was perfect in their eyes, the one who was so loving that she gave her life for people she didn't even know. She gave her life for the whole of Paris and likely, the whole world.

That small trinket represented part of her that would live on in her friends and with much hesitation, Nathaniel took the clip. This was one thing that should never be lost.

A few weeks later, Adrien revived a small package in the mail. The painting of him and Marinette. Nathaniel had gone beyond what Adrien had told him. He had even brought to life Marinette's dreams too.

In the picture, Marinette was in a pink dress as she sat on a wooden swing. Adrien behind her with his arms around her and two small children, a blond girl and black haired boy, in front of her, their hands on her large stomach.

Above and beyond we're the only words that Adrien could describe the picture as. He framed the small picture and put it on his desk. If only he had gotten that chance...

"Adrien wake up." Said a sweet voice, the voice of one very special person.

Adrien eyes fluttered open and he saw his beautiful blue eyed bride next to him in their bed.

"Good morning sleepy kitty." Marinette giggled. "Just as bad Chat hair as always." She leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Just as perfect as always."

"Good morning purrincess." Adrien yawned happily as he sat up and hugged her tightly.

"What brought about this loving mood?"

"A really, really bad dream."