Fair archery

I hate stereotypes. Just because I am a woman I can't do much. I swear this village is awful. I mean, it's 1819, not 1600s! Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm not just as tough as any man. So I decided to take one of my father's cloaks. I'll go to the fair, win and then reveal that I'm a woman once I have won to show them that any woman could win just as easily as a man.

At afternoon I snuck into mother and father's room and grabbed a cloak. I put it on and it was rather large on me but it would have to do.

Sadly, when I got to the fair, I fell and broke the bow, the wooden part at least. After getting up and dusting myself off, I thought about what I could do. Giving up was not an option anymore, so I dod what I had to. I broke a limb off and made a new one using the knife I kept on the small of my back.

After the contest, they took time to gather the awards and I felt some one behind me.

     "You know it's dangerous and most of all, against the rules for a woman to compete."

Out of reflex, I pulled me knife and held them to a wall, knife at their throat. After looking for a second, I realized who it was.

     "Adrien?"

     "Yes ma'am, now please take your knife off my throat."

     "Sorry." I put the knife away, "why are you here?"

     "For a good laugh and apparently to get myself killed my my friend."

My heart sank a bit, friend? Was that really all I was? I nodded sadly.

When awards were give, they called Maris Dupain-Chang as the winner and Mari when up, still hidden beneath her cloak.

When she had taken her award and people were clapping, she removed her hood and all was silent, except for one voice.

     "That's my girl!"it was Adrien and it empowered her. She felt braver.

She got off the podium and Adrien swooped her up in his arms and spun.

     "That's my girl! You were amazing! Wonderful! Gorgeous! You are perfect." This time they both blushed.

     "You think so?"

     "Yes, of course!"