Seeing you

(Hey so this is weird, but basically I'm this au the only color people see is themselves and their soulmate, everything else is black and white until you marry your soulmate then everything has color)

"So, how do you think he does it? Ya know my dad. All he has now is a picture of mom." Adrien said to Nino, who only shrugged.

"I don't know dude. I won't be able to do that if I ever lost Alya." Nino replied sadly, shaking his head.

Adrien kept his head down anymore. He knew Ladybug was his soulmate and if she didn't want him to know who she really was, he wasn't going to force her but every now and then he saw her walk by. Even when she did, he would look down.

Marinette was scared to know who Chat really was. He was always so flirtatious and arrogant that she was scared he wouldn't want her when he saw who she really was and knew how little she was like Ladybug. That may sound stupid, but the suit made her different, more confident then reality.

"It's obvious that Mari and Adrien belong together. It's just going to take a bit more for them to look up at each other, or perhaps just a sly fox." Alya said mischievously as she walked hand and hand with Nino.

Nino shook his head at Alya's antics. "Alya you need to leave well enough alone. In sure that they would know by now, especially considering how much time Mari spends sitting directly behind Adrien."

"You would think! But every time she catches even the smallest glimpse of him, she looks at the ground. I think she doesn't want to know!" Alya says pointedly, a determined smile on her face.

"Hey, that reminds me. Adrien and I took this picture earlier today."

"Where is he?"

"He practically disappeared into the background. His back is turned to the camera and he's wearing that new hoodie I got him so nobody could tell who it is if you haven't been told." Nino says with a smile, pointing Adrien out.

"Can you send that to me real quick?"

"Ya, of course. There I sent it." Nino looks back to Alya from his phone, "now why did you want it?"

"Oh, no reason... Anyway I have to head to Mari's to study. Bye Nino." Alya says, kissing his cheek before running to Mari's.

When she got there, she pulled up the pickoff Adrien while catching her breath. She thinks about what she needs to ask so she knows if Mari can see the color in the picture.

"Oh, hey Alya. Come on up to my room." Marinette saws when she spots Alya it the bakery.

"Hey Mari, So I told Nino he should enter this picture it a photography competition but he said no, what do you think of it?"

"It's really nice, but Nino needs to make sure the person in the picture is okay with it." Mari said exactly.

"Person? I don't see anyone." Sabine says, looking at the picture over Mari's should as she uses a rag to wipe off her hands.

"W-w-what do you mean momma? They're right there..." Mari says nervously as Alya smiles.

"Mari, that person is perfectly camouflaged to the background. Nobody saw him till Nino pointed him out. If you saw him then you either see him in color, or you have amazing eye sight and we both know that's not true.

"Then how did Nino see him?" Mari asked stubbornly.

"Because he told him where to stand to blend in and the guy pointed himself out later." Alya retorted, crossing her arms.

"And you're sure it was a stranger?" Marinette shifted awkwardly. If nobody knew him, then how was she to find him. Wait, if she saw him and color and Chat Noir in color, does that mean that Nino got a picture of Chat Noir's secret identity?

After Alya left, Marinette went to the dinner table to help set it. While they were eating it was especially quiet.

"So, Alya showed us the picture Nino took." Mrs. Dupan-Chang said, trying to make conversation.

"Oh yes. He had very nicely colored shoes." Her husband tried to help move the discussion along.

"Ya, I guess." Mari absent mindedly picked at her food.

"How would you describe the color?" Sabine said, aiming the question to her husband but hoping her daughter would answer, Tom understood the intent and stayed quite.

"I think it's called orange or something like that..." When Mari realized what she said, she dropped her fork.

She looked up and her parents were smiling. She knew that look, that was the 'we knew it' look. That was the look she got after discovering her love of sewing.

"Tom, do you want to say it or should I?" Sabine asked smiling. Mari pushes her food forward and rests her face in her filed arms on the table.

"Marinette, do you know who that is?" By this point Mari was blushing and her parents were trying not to laugh. "That's Adrien Agreste." Sabine was the first to laugh when Mari looked up with wide eyes.

"What?! No-no-no-no way!" Mari yelled, her shock obvious.