Carnival

thank you so much for 1k reads! I really hope all of you who read these one-shots enjoy them, because I enjoy making them. thank you again <3

~ ~ ~

The best time of the year was always when the carnival came to town. Sure, the games were way too overpriced, but no food can compare to carnival food. And the rides. The rides were the best part, of course! The only problem was, you didn't have anyone to go to it with. It was you and your best friend's tradition to go together every year, but she was on vacation out of town.

Suddenly, your phone rang. (C/N)'s name appeared on the screen. You squealed, doing a happy dance. It wasn't like he didn't call you often, because he actually called you almost everyday, but you just always got happy when you saw his name on your phone screen.

You picked it up. "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, (Y/N). So, I was wondering if you would maybe want to go to the carnival with me?" he asked.

Your heart nearly skipped a beat. "Like on a date?"

"Um... yeah. I-if it's okay with you though. It's okay if you don't want it to be, then we can go as friends," he added the last part quickly.

"I'd love to go on a date with you, (C/N)."

You heard him sigh in relief on the other line. "Great, um... I'll pick you up at 5. Is that a good time?"

"Yes, that sounds perfect. I'll see you then," you said.

"Bye."

You hung up and then squealed in happiness. You always had people tell you (C/N) liked you, but you never knew whether to believe in the rumors.

"What am I going to wear?!" you asked yourself.

You looked through your closet for about 5 minutes until you found the perfect outfit. By the time you picked your outfit and did your hair, (C/N) would be at your house in 10 minutes.

After what felt like an eternity, the doorbell rang, and your heard skipped a beat. You opened the door to meet a smiling (C/N).

"Hi. Uh, you look really nice," he said.

"Thanks! You're not too bad yourself," you replied, making him blush. "Let's go! I can't wait to get there!"

You grabbed his hand and ran to the car.

When you got to the carnival, there were already a lot of people there. You and (C/N) got your wristbands and went inside.

"Where should we go first, (C/N)?" you asked him.

"Hmm.. I don't know. Where do you wanna go?"

"I don't know. You're gonna go on the spinny rides, right?" you asked.

"Duh! I'm no pussy!" he exclaimed.

"Okay," you giggled. "Then let's go on this one!" you pointed to a spinny ride called Zero Gravity.

 "Then let's go on this one!" you pointed to a spinny ride called Zero Gravity