OTP! OTP!

trying something new...
idol!crush x idol!reader

~ ~ ~

(B/N): bandmate's name

It's performance show time! Performances are always fun. You love seeing your friends from other groups perform and catch up with them, but most importantly, see your crush.

Both you and his groups were becoming very popular, and with that came lots of different types of stans. Hard stans, soft stans, but the type of stans that caught your eye in particular were the observant ones. Or, in other words, the ones who were into shipping.

People shipped you and (C/N). They shipped you guys hard. You always saw edits of you and him on social media. Although shipping was kind of annoying, you didn't mind being shipped with him. In fact, you liked it. You liked the fact that people wanted you and him together.

"(Y/N)!" one of your bandmates called.

You looked over. "Let's go!" she said, motioning for you to come over.

As soon as you walked out, you saw him. You mentally celebrated in your head because your group and his group were seated right by each other. 

You felt him looking at you while you sat down. You looked over and he quickly turned away, embarrassed. 

You couldn't help but smile, seeing his cute mannerisms.

Throughout the show, you couldn't stop staring at him. You didn't know if you were just imagining it, but you felt like he kept looking at you too.

While watching a group perform, you wanted to get another glance at him, so you did. Except this time, he turned to look at you as you were staring. You blushed and quickly looked away, fiddling with the rings on you fingers. You cautiously looked at him again to see what his reaction was, and he smiled at you. You smiled back shyly.

"That's why you don't stare," your bandmate leaned over, saying in your ear.

You blushed and slightly nudged her.

Soon it was your group's turn to perform. You went up and killed your performance! (C/N) couldn't keep his eyes off of you for the whole time.

Right after, it was his group's turn to go. You thought that all of his group members were handsome, but him especially. You only looked at him.

After all of the groups who were performing finished, you wanted a chance to talk to (C/N). In private, though. Although it did make you smile that people wanted you and him together, you wanted to be able to talk to him without everyone freaking out.

You were trying to look for him backstage, but he was nowhere to be found. Then, you felt a hand on your shoulder. You spun around to see a smiling (C/N).

Of course, you had seen him up close before, but you weren't used to it, since you always saw him from far away. You were kind of internally freaking out. How could someone be so beautiful?

"Hey, (Y/N)."

"Hi," you said, fiddling with your rings again.

"You look beautiful," he complimented.

You blushed like a tomato. "Thank you," you said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. "You look handsome as well."

"Thank you. I really enjoyed your performance."

"I enjoyed yours too! I love the energy you guys bring," you said.

He smiled with his teeth. "Well, it's not always like that when we're practicing," he chuckled.

You giggled. What a CUTIE!!!

After talking to (C/N) some more, it was time to leave. You were so glad you had the chance to talk to him. It wasn't really often that you got to speak with him in real life one-on-one.

~ ~ ~

After a long day, you finally went back home. After taking a shower and getting into bed, you checked your social media. One video in particular caught your eye. 

 (Y/N) and (C/N) interaction from the show today 😉💑 look at how shy they are! such cuties!

You watched it, and it was a video of you and (C/N) staring at each other! It even included the moments where both he and you quickly looked away, him smiling at you, and (B/N) teasing you! Dang, these observant stans were good.

You ran over to (B/N) to show her the video.

"Hey, it's me! Ew, I look gross!" was the first thing she said.

You lightly smacked her. "No you don't! Read the caption!"

She read the caption and watched the video. 

"Oh my gosh, (Y/N)! Hahaha!! You guys are so awkward!" she said, dying.

She was laughing so hard that she had to catch her breath before she could speak again.

"Did you talk to him?" she asked.

"Yeah, backstage. He told me I looked beautiful and that he enjoyed our performance," you replied.

"Ahhh!! Oh my gosh!!" she squealed. "He flirted with you?!?!"

"If that's flirting, I guess so."

"Obviously it's flirting!!! Do you even see the way he looks at you?!?!" she shouts, getting way too excited.

"Uhm, no. You sound like one of the shippers too."

"Well, I do ship you guys."

You sighed, falling onto the bed. Oh, (C/N). You wondered if he saw the video too. He probably didn't, though.

~ Meanwhile ~

(C/N)'s POV

I heard laughter from the other room.

"(C/N)!! Come look at this!"

I walked over to see what all the fuss was about. I found two of my bandmates giggling about something.

(B/N) shoved a phone in my face.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Watch it!" 

I watched it... and it was a video of me and (Y/N) from today!! Holy... why am I so awkward?! I look like an idiot!

I felt my face burn up. What does this girl do to me?! I'm always so cool, but whenever she's around, I feel like a dumbass!

They laughed at my red face.

"Loser!!!"

"Shut up," I growled, tossing the phone on the bed.

That was so cringey. But, it's also kinda cute...? Only because of her, though. I look stupid.

I wonder if she saw that video too. Eh, I doubt it.