Stress

AP exams, finals, grades, everything was hectic, and you were extremely stressed. Maybe not as much as (C/N), though... he was about to burn out.

You wished you could help him; it pained you seeing him in such a state. You would do anything for such a bright, shining boy.

"(C/N)?" you said, opening the door to his room.

He looked up with tired eyes and gave you a small, insincere smile.

"Hey, princess."

You sighed, frowning. You walked over and sat on his lap, burying your face into his shoulder.

"What's wrong, princess? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, but you're not!"

"Don't be silly, (Y/N). Why would you think that?"

"(C/N), come on. You look exhausted. I can tell you're about to burn out. I know you, (C/N)," you said softly.

"I'll be fine."

You knew he'd do this. He wanted to seem tough and manly in front of his precious girlfriend, but you knew how he really felt.

"I just want you to take a break," you said.

"(Y/N), I really have to..."

"Please," you muttered, kissing his shoulder.

"Fine."

You faced him and smiled. He gave a weak smile back and kissed your nose.

You put your chin on his shoulder and rubbed his back.

"I hate seeing you in this state," you mumbled.

"What about you?! You know how hard it is for me to watch you have mental breakdowns over school and stuff?!"

"This is about you right now, (C/N). You don't have to act all tough for me. We all get stressed, we all get emotional. I prefer seeing the raw you."

"I just don't know what to do," he said, his voice quivering.

You took your head off his shoulders to look at his face. His eyes were glossy; he was holding back tears.

"(C/N), hey... you're going to be just fine. You work so hard."

A tear rolled down his cheek. He was so overwhelmed with emotion. It was the first time you had seen him like this. The fact that he let himself be vulnerable in front of you warmed your heart.

You wiped his tear away with your thumb. 

"I'm such a pussy," he muttered.

"No, you're not. It's completely normal to get emotional sometimes, (C/N). In fact, this is exactly what happens when you're under too much stress."

A few more tears slipped out of his crystal eyes and he buried his face in your shoulder. His silent cries and shaky breaths made your heart ache.

"(C/N)," you said, lifting his head.

He looked at you with red eyes.

"It's okay. You can't always be strong. I love you, but you need to take it easy," you said, rubbing his arm.

He nodded, biting his lip. You could tell that he was holding back more tears.

"(C/N), you need to let it out. Don't hold back. It's just me, and you need to trust me," you placed a hand on his cheek.

His eyes squeezed shut and more tears ran down his cheeks. You rubbed his back with one hand and ran your other hand through his hair. 

After a while, you placed both of your hands on his cheeks and placed a gentle kiss to his soft lips.

"Don't overwork yourself."

~ ~ ~

this is completely unrelated to anything but I just had my last school concert of the year and all I feel is sadness. I'm going to miss the seniors more than anything. I've created such strong bonds with them... I can't even imagine my life without these people because I spend so much time with them. I can't even think about letting them go without bawling my eyes out. for me, goodbyes are the worst thing in the world, and I don't think I can handle the pain of having to say goodbye to them. :,(